Slow Motion, Frame by Frame (3 Viewers)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I often want to see what happens on one specific frame.

I don't ever miss such :p

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
But the thread is drifting away from the main topic: slow motion and frame by frame forwarding and rewinding.

@Tourettes
So would you think this would be possible for the devs to implement?
I'm sure everybody finds this a usefull function, and I know fast forwarding/rewinding has some issues the devs can't figure out... (but does this also account for slow motion/frame by frame forward/back)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    @Tourettes
    So would you think this would be possible for the devs to implement?
    I'm sure everybody finds this a usefull function, and I know fast forwarding/rewinding has some issues the devs can't figure out... (but does this also account for slow motion/frame by frame forward/back)

Just saying that I personally don't find it uself enough (for my own use) that I would spend time in implementing it.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I do agree that it is more important to get a good stable MP version out before adding new stuff (...although this keeps happening with every new release, like the new thumnailcreator that keeps crashing).
    I still hope other developerswill find it usefull to add and/or know a simple way to implement it though.
    I see it as an added value when implemented. Especially if other htpc applications can do it too. MP should be the leading HTPC software! :)

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    +1 to whatever the count was...even my old replaytv would let me hit pause and then << and >> backed up or advanced one frame at a time.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    +9

I use MP to capture reference pics for my work (sculpting prototypes for resin figure kits). sometimes my timing is a bit off and it takes a few attempts to grab close to the frame I need. If I could freeze then step foreward or back, 1, even 2 or 3 frames, would be ever so helpful.

A bit off topic, but do you happen to have some samples for us to see? :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    +9

I use MP to capture reference pics for my work (sculpting prototypes for resin figure kits). sometimes my timing is a bit off and it takes a few attempts to grab close to the frame I need. If I could freeze then step foreward or back, 1, even 2 or 3 frames, would be ever so helpful.

A bit off topic, but do you happen to have some samples for us to see? :)

Sure... I'm always happy to promote my work :) ... just pop over to my website (click my name on the left) It's all in my sculpture gallery.

Chuck

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    So if the devs are unwilling to provide this what about any of the alternatives..do they? Xbmc? Etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom