[Pending] Slow RTSP startup causes EOF indication (1 Viewer)

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
[URL="https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/801518-post11.html" said:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/801518-post11.html[/URL]

Downloaded and installed that file on the MP Client machine. Not working unfortunately. Did i miss something?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The patched binary in the other thread is to fix another bug (that I introduced) - the RTSP code is the same.

I'm not an expert on the RTSP stuff, so I don't know what the problem might be (I know you have the server firewall disabled, but have you tried disabling the client firewall ?)

EDIT: I've added a post to your other thread - please continue the discussion there - I don't think your problem is the 'slow network startup' problem which this thread is about.

Tony

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    I'm not an expert on the RTSP stuff, so I don't know what the problem might be (I know you have the server firewall disabled, but have you tried disabling the client firewall ?)

Will do that!!

EDIT: I've added a post to your other thread - please continue the discussion there - I don't think your problem is the 'slow network startup' problem which this thread is about.

Okidokie!! Many Thanks.

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Apparently my server can be a bit slow to begin delivering recorded TV via RTSP at times. When this startup delay exceeds 2000 ticks, it causes TsReader's demuxer to declare a premature EOF condition. This causes MP to further misbehave in that MP fails to play the file while continuing to keep the RTSP stream coming, eventually exceeding the maximum allowed amount of buffering. The fix I'm providing here deals with preventing the false EOF at startup, eliminating this particular trigger of the MP hang.

What are the symptoms of such hang? Not responding (for ever/minutes/seconds)? Crash?

Have anyone looked at this so it can be incuded in 1.2.2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom