[Pending] Slow RTSP startup causes EOF indication (1 Viewer)

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
Country flag
[URL="https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/801518-post11.html" said:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/801518-post11.html[/URL]
Downloaded and installed that file on the MP Client machine. Not working unfortunately. Did i miss something?

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    The patched binary in the other thread is to fix another bug (that I introduced) - the RTSP code is the same.

I'm not an expert on the RTSP stuff, so I don't know what the problem might be (I know you have the server firewall disabled, but have you tried disabling the client firewall ?)

EDIT: I've added a post to your other thread - please continue the discussion there - I don't think your problem is the 'slow network startup' problem which this thread is about.

Tony

sincze

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2011
    Country flag
    I'm not an expert on the RTSP stuff, so I don't know what the problem might be (I know you have the server firewall disabled, but have you tried disabling the client firewall ?)
    Will do that!!

EDIT: I've added a post to your other thread - please continue the discussion there - I don't think your problem is the 'slow network startup' problem which this thread is about.
    Okidokie!! Many Thanks.

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Norway Norway
    Apparently my server can be a bit slow to begin delivering recorded TV via RTSP at times. When this startup delay exceeds 2000 ticks, it causes TsReader's demuxer to declare a premature EOF condition. This causes MP to further misbehave in that MP fails to play the file while continuing to keep the RTSP stream coming, eventually exceeding the maximum allowed amount of buffering. The fix I'm providing here deals with preventing the false EOF at startup, eliminating this particular trigger of the MP hang.
    What are the symptoms of such hang? Not responding (for ever/minutes/seconds)? Crash?

Have anyone looked at this so it can be incuded in 1.2.2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
    C Importer works super slow My TVSeries 5
    doskabouter 1.23.0 Slow rendering times Bugreports 45
    A Client/Server Setup: Slow TV Startup Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    F GUI incredibly slow Performance General 22
    P Very slow start My TVSeries 2
    mrmojo666 seek video over lan very slow for big and highbitrates videos General Support 11
    C streaming out UDP instead of RTSP Newcomers Forum 0
    AberDino 4k TV Stutter with RTSP General Support 7
    K MP2 - V2.1 [MP2-763] Interface configuration for RTSP streaming server lost on every restart Older releases 6
    Grisu002 Failed to startup - TV Server funktioniert nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
    T [solved] failed to-startup tvservice Installation, configuration support 1
    T [solved] Startup problem General 6
    Lichloathe [solved] Latest Media Handler - Default view for TVSeries on startup Fanart Handler 2
    D Crashing on startup General Support 8
    TeMorituri Crashes on startup General Support 2
    Remoteglen Freezing on startup General Support 4
    R MP crashing immediately after startup General Support 2
    V [solved] Startup Crash if Video Folders not online/accessible. (default videos plugin) General Support 10
    Top Bottom