slow starting since XP SP3 from suspend (1 Viewer)

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Since I upgrade all my clients to XP SP3, it seems to take much longer to wake up from suspend.
    Before MP pops up correctly, the windows task is shown for about 20-30 Seconds (black backround).

Anyone else with this problem ... or better a solution for a quicker wake up ;)

cu

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have XP SP3 on my HTPC and it resumes and has MP running ok pretty quick.

Not sure what's causing you issues. Maybe check your logs after a standby/resume; maybe something in there.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sh4nn0w!

that's the problem ... there's nothing strange in the logs ...

How long does it takes, until you can use MP after switching the power button?
    For me it takes up to a minute or more!

cu

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    I'll check when I get home, but at a guess 15-20 seconds before I can use MP.

Complete guess, be maybe something to do with networking and reconnecting to your server.

Is it the same for all 4 clients or just one of them?

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    other clients are set to hibernation ... so this is not the same ... but maybe the network connection may be the problem

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    I know I found issues on my previous installation when I looked into windows logs (not MP). Don't know if you have checked those.

You can check event logs under Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

Helped me work out my Hard Disk was dying when I built my HTPC (it was old anyway - but was getting random crashing!) - was showing up in here. So maybe look for around the time after resume.

I think if you use the watchdog thingie it will collect all system logs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom