Slow switching DTV channels (1 Viewer)

stevehughes

Portal Member
March 30, 2010
HI, I have just built a fresh 2.1.2 installation on Win-10 64. SSD for system, SSHD for recordings, 8G RAM, i5 CPU, 2 x dual channel HDHomeRun network tuners and a NAS for storing videos and audio library.

I was impressed how little fiddling was required after the install to get some basic things hapenning. Very unlike my experience getting MP1 going well enough to satisfy my better half. The WMC theme is just the ticket.

I have a few little issues which I'll post in separate threads for clarity. This post is about switching DTV channels.

I find that starting a TV channel is very fast if there is no channel currently playing - approx 1 second startup time. However if a channel is already playing and I switch to another channel either using channel up/down or by going back to the guide and choosing another from there, it takes a very long time for the new channel to come up - maybe 30 seconds or more.

If I stop the current channel, revert to the guide and then choose the new channel it starts quickly.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Steve

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Can you switch log level to debug (see here), reproduce the slow channel change, and then use the log collector tool to collect the logs and post the resultant zip file in this thread.
    Thanks

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks,
    The issue seems to be being caused by a delay in receiving the audio for the new channel.
    [2017-12-04 07:12:17,320] [47318908] [164 ] [DEBUG] - card: WaitForFile - waiting _eventAudio & _eventVideo
    [2017-12-04 07:12:32,321] [47333909] [164 ] [DEBUG] - card: WaitForFile - no audio was found after 15.0005277 seconds
    You could try the suggestions in this post which might relate to a similar issue. Otherwise I'm going to defer to @mm1352000 to see if he has any other insights.
    @mm1352000 I would be grateful if you wouldn't mind having a look, the channel change occurs in the logs at 2017-12-04 07:12:08,185, thanks.

stevehughes

Portal Member
    March 30, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. I first tried disabling the firewall which made no difference. I then tried setting the tuners from generic to DTV and like the other poster I found that the tuning broke completely, so I reverted it.
    Any other ideas would be gratefully received. I had MP1 running without issue with these tuners but I'd much prefer to move forward with MP2 than revert to MP1.

Cheers,
    Steve

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    My only other suggestion would be to temporarily disable any antivirus software that you have running to see if that helps, otherwise I'm out of my depth so I'll try @mm1352000 one more time :whistle:

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @stevehughes You could try installing MP1 and see if you have the same issues to rule out an MP2 specific issue, you can install MP1 along side MP2 as long as you ensure that MP2's server is stopped during install and when MP1's TV server is running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom