Small requests!! (1 Viewer)

dubstar

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I was wondering if it would be possible to mwke media portal start from the 'Green' button on the mce remote in the same fashion that mce does??

I was also wondering if the Tv 'search' feature could be improved? not that its not good already, just it could be better organised and show program infomation when you select a program. The search feature was one of the strongest features of mce 2005, just a shame that the pc decides to periodically clear it tv channels!!

Oh oh oh one last thing would it be possible to make the 'jump' buttons on the mce remote work?

Maybe the green button and the jump things are just a registry job but i wouldn't know where to start!!

Keep up the good work guys, Media portal is hot to trot, and that why your number 1!! ha ha!!

But seriously keep up the good work!!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    and if you want to jump forward in music or video then use the arrow buttons. They work much better than the skip buttons in MCE (and you can configure the increments in settings)

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Wow you guys reply so quick!!

So any devs fancy cleaning up the search function? Or is it only myself that thinks it could do with 'updating'?

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    The function for searching through Tv programs. you know like finding out what films are going to be on??

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Just a thought, is this something that is addressed by the tv engine, with it being part of the EPG, or if seperate?

Whats the best way to learn to program? I would like to test afew of my ideas out but I can implement them without a front man on the buttons!!

I love this forum!!

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Have you looked in the search part of MyTV? If you are looking for a way to see the description of the programs while searching the it's a function of the skin to supply this. Some skins may already do this, but I'm not too sure.
    The good news for you is that it's a lot easier to learn skinning than programming. It's all xml. If you check the skin forums you should find what you need...

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info.

I think i may well have a look into making my own skin. it would be quite a nice little project.

Thanks to everyone for the info and help.

All the best,

Dan

dubstar

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    One last thing to save opening a new post.

Is there any way to get rid of the top var but keep the home buttons? as when i disable the top bar in the plugins, the buttons that close mp switch to basic and shut down / restart all disapear!!

Anything a don't know or could do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom