Small screen remains (1 Viewer)

alex

Portal Member
December 27, 2005
I am having a couple of problems with MediaPortal, but the one I would like to remedy right now is the following:

When I play an audio or video file, and then stop, I go back to a previous screen, but the small preview screen remains in the lower left of the monitor, even if I stop the media file from playing and go to other screens. It is a bit annoying, but also hides some of the info on other screens.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it resolved?

-Alex.

mcse

Portal Member
December 7, 2005
Indeed!

I have the exact same problem after upgrading to RC2. That small black box that displays visualisations etc when you play music stays there when you stop. Even if I stop listening to music and go into video mode to watch a movie from my harddrive.

Tried updating directx, video drivers etc without luck.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Bingo!! I have the same problem also - it's a real bummer :)

If there is anything about my setup the developers need to know to help remedy please let me know :)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    OK - so I have found that in my circumstance if I enable Configuration->General->use Exclusive DirectX mode it solves the problem with regard to the preview screens :)

(although in my case this breaks TV - it works prefectly for about 3-4 minutes then the whole PC locks up :( )

jalaman

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    BKCH said:
    OK - so I have found that in my circumstance if I enable Configuration->General->use Exclusive DirectX mode it solves the problem with regard to the preview screens :)

I have the same problem, but in my case it does not matter if Exclusive DirextX mode is enabled or disabled. The small screen still remains

jalaman

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    I've set up VMR) for DVD, Movies and Television, but I can't find any option for specifying which VMR to use for Music/visualization

fpouels

Portal Member
    April 16, 2005
    Bennekom
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can try to change the music player from WMP9 to DirectShow. This way the black box problem dissappears, but you won't have visualisations anymore. But at least you can listen to your music and switch functions without these small black screens.

jalaman

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Thanks, that worked. I don't care about the visualizations anyway.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Was this ever resolved as like to use visualisations and when stop music and go to tv etc black preview box remains!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom