SmartPlaylists (1.1.4.7) (5 Viewers)

koprom

Portal Member
October 30, 2007
Very nice plugin! My appreciation for your work!

I would like to ask if it is possible to extends this plugin to a "Party Mode" like in XBMC? Everytime the current playlist drops below a certain number of entries (e.g. 10) the smartplaylist query is executed and one random song from the smartplaylist is being added to the current playlist.

Greetings

koprom

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
What about a playlist for music that was released in the current year? I'm assuming you could use the iYear right?
I tried
<smartPlaylist name="30 random songs of 2008 added in the past 2 weeks" query="WHERE iYear
== '| 2008 |'AND strGenre != '| Podcast |' ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 30"></smartPlaylist>
but it says to check my query because nothing was found

Hi,

iYear is integer field so don't need to put symbol |.
Your query is:
<smartPlaylist name="30 random songs of 2008 added in the past 2 weeks" query="WHERE iYear
== 2008 AND strGenre != '| Podcast |' ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 30"></smartPlaylist>

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I just posted in another thread about how it would be cool to be able to view Movies using criteria such as "somthing with bruce willis", or "a new animation i havent watched" etc.

Then I remembered your plugin - which is pretty much that, but for music.

How easy would it be to change this to work for Movies?

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Very nice plugin! My appreciation for your work!

I would like to ask if it is possible to extends this plugin to a "Party Mode" like in XBMC? Everytime the current playlist drops below a certain number of entries (e.g. 10) the smartplaylist query is executed and one random song from the smartplaylist is being added to the current playlist.

Greetings

koprom

Hi,

i think is a My Music module matter that you should extend to a smartplaylist functionnality. I can't modifiy My Music source code.
    There is a plugin AudioScrobbler which can add songs to the playlist.

I just posted in another thread about how it would be cool to be able to view Movies using criteria such as "somthing with bruce willis", or "a new animation i havent watched" etc.

Then I remembered your plugin - which is pretty much that, but for music.

How easy would it be to change this to work for Movies?

Hi,

for instance just the music database is concerned because of specific player. To extend to Movies it will have a sensitive impact on the development but we can focus on this in a near future.
    Where your informations movies are saved? In ant, database, ...?

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it just me or does this bit of SQL not seem to work with smartplaylist?
    <smartPlaylist name="Only 20 songs of Rock Music" query="WHERE strGenre == '| Rock |' OR strGenre == '| Punk Rock |' OR strGenre == '| Progressive Rock |' OR strGenre == '| Rock |' LIMIT 20"></smartPlaylist>
    This would normally be valid SQL but smartplaylist is kind of hanging on this query (it just has the popup searching)

Edit:

Nevermind this, I had an error somewhere else:
    <smartPlaylist name="20 songs of Electronic Music" query="WHERE strGenre == '| Electronica |' OR strGenre == '| Electronic |' OR strGenre == '| Electronica & Dance |' OR strGenre == '| Dance |' ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 20"></smartPlaylist>
    The "Electronica & Dance" should be "Electronica &amp; Dance"

Argonaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Missing source file?

Not sure if I have got this right, as this is my first attempt at looking at the code of a plugin, however when I try to build the solution I get an error that Visual C# cannot find the file AssemblyInfo.cs

Am I doing something wrong or should this file be included in the source.

I apologise in advance if it something that I am doing something wrong, as I am a newbie at visual C#

Thanks Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom