SmartPlaylists (1.1.4.7) (8 Viewers)

olivvvv

Portal Pro
April 20, 2009
Home Country
France France
Is it just me or does this bit of SQL not seem to work with smartplaylist?
<smartPlaylist name="Only 20 songs of Rock Music" query="WHERE strGenre == '| Rock |' OR strGenre == '| Punk Rock |' OR strGenre == '| Progressive Rock |' OR strGenre == '| Rock |' LIMIT 20"></smartPlaylist>
This would normally be valid SQL but smartplaylist is kind of hanging on this query (it just has the popup searching)

Edit:

Nevermind this, I had an error somewhere else:
<smartPlaylist name="20 songs of Electronic Music" query="WHERE strGenre == '| Electronica |' OR strGenre == '| Electronic |' OR strGenre == '| Electronica & Dance |' OR strGenre == '| Dance |' ORDER BY RANDOM() LIMIT 20"></smartPlaylist>
The "Electronica & Dance" should be "Electronica &amp; Dance"

Hi all,
For my first post, an answer ! :D

For accent works properly change the line

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

it's works for me, and beleive me in france we are with a lots of accents in the words :)

faulkj

May 30, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
What about Ratings?

I would like a playlist that grabs all songs with a rating of 4 or higher and sorts by album artist. What would the query be?

Or can someone point out a list of the names of the available fields to query against? That would be extremely helpful!!

Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    <smartPlaylist name="Top rated songs" query="WHERE strRating >= 4 LIMIT 20"></smartPlaylist>

Tried this and it doesn't work

Also tried

strRating >= '| 4 |'
    Rating >= 4
    Rating >= '| 4 |'

anyone got any ideas?

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Here track fieds:
    strPath text, strArtist text, strAlbumArtist text, strAlbum text, strGenre text, strTitle text, iTrack integer, iNumTracks integer, iDuration integer, iYear integer, iTimesPlayed integer, iRating integer, iFavorite integer, iResumeAt integer, iDisc integer, iNumDisc integer, iGainTrack double, iPeakTrack double, strLyrics text, musicBrainzID text, dateLastPlayed timestamp, dateAdded timestamp

So you should try:
    <smartPlaylist name="Top rated songs" query="WHERE iRating >= 4 SORT BY strAlbumArtist"></smartPlaylist>

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey fabien i see you have the same onboard gfx as me, have you tried increasing the HT frequency is the bios. It helps with hardware acceleration (which maynot be relevant if your still using coreavc)

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hi kiwijunglist,

i have the HD3200 onboard Gigabyte but i use CoreAVC to watch DVB-T H264 channels and Cyberlink for DVB-T Mpeg2, by now everything works nice, no more live tv struttering since i have changed antenna cable.
    I have never tried to increase HT frequency, just put max of RAM VGA in bios (512Mo)

gjm2006

Portal Member
    May 28, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is it possible to define a playlist with this plug in like the following:

1. All metal songs longer than 5 minutes
    2. 100 Random songs from a particular Genre (metal, jazz, rock, etc)
    3. A selection of Random songs from the entire list
    4. All opening tracks from all albums
    5. All Live Albums

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1) Yes I think so
    2) yes
    3) yes
    4) yes
    5) I think not

If you want I could give a try at the queries sometime when I have time

gjm2006

Portal Member
    May 28, 2009
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks I got it working, spent sometime last night editing the XML file and got some interesting things happen. Mostly because my music has not been uniformly tagged, so I spent a lot of time doing that with the one from softpoint. The plugin works well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom