Soft switching of MP to another monitor and return (1 Viewer)

thoath

Portal Pro
June 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
My MP 1.2.3. is running now 2 months pretty neat. But I'm still not quite satisfied. Problems makes switching to a second monitor and back. My first monitor (a small 10-inch USB monitor) is used by me when I just want to hear music. My second monitor (beamer) is used when I want to watch TV etc / videos.
For switching between both monitors I have experimented a lot. The problem is that to realize the switching by the help of the software Ultramon is successful, but MP on the new monitor can not automatically adjust the new resolution, often it also freezes.
Therefore I have written a vb script. Which does the following:
1) Test if the new monitor is actually enable, if not try it more than once.
2) if yes, hard killing the MP process (closing MP)
3) switching the primary monitor to the new monitor
4) Start of MP
It runs, but it is not nice.
Therefore, the following questions:
1) Is there any possibility to prevent the hard closing, eg by:
- MP set on top deactivate
- send MP-Minimize command
- Change the primary monitor
- send MP-Maximize command
- MP put back on top
2) Is there generally a clever command to temporarily minimize MP (including the possibility of the later re-maximizing) from the full screen, eg: if you want to hear music, by the way but would like to do other things on the computer.
3) Is there a command line or internal command to MP to close easy, so that settings are also stored (The hard process Killen will not do, of course)
4) Are there native and separat commands, which switchs MP from monitor 1 to monitor 2 and return, including that the windows fits itself on the new monitor?
Yes I know, this are many questions.
Maybe someone can help me. The suitability of MP for the family would increase a great step.
Ciao Thomas

thoath

Portal Pro
June 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi tourettes,
thanks for Your answer. But what do You want to say me with the link. There I can find some bug-items with similar problems. Can You give me please short answers to the questions.
  • Is there generally a clever command to temporarily minimize MP...
  • Is there a command line or internal command to MP to close easy...
  • Are there native and separat commands, which switchs MP from monitor 1 to monitor 2 and return...
Thanks
thoat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom