solution for stopping a scheduled running recording (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: TVserver1 RC1
MediaPortal Version: MP1 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Vista
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 775 1333FSB 2.66Ghz 4MB
HDD: 2x Samsung spinpoint 500GB
Memory: 2x Kingston DDR2 ValueRAM 1GB 667 CL5.0
Motherboard: Asus P5K
Video Card: ASUS EN7300TC256/TD
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: AC3 and DTS: S/PDIF
Sound Card Driver: Realtek HD Audio 1.97
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
2. TV Card Type: analog
2. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8 hd/db mpeg2 decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerDVD 8 audio decoder
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD 8 h264 decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CAIW
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17b
Power Supply: ANTEC
Remote: Microsoft MCE 2005 remote
TV: Panasonic TH-42PZ85
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Before it's too late to do something about it, here a little tip. :)

Problem:
This bugreport is about the problem people are reporting about how to stop a scheduled recording that is recording.

Some have not yet figured it out yet, but the functionality to stop a scheduled recording that is recording/running at that moment IS ALREADY THERE but in a weird, unlogical way. It's a degradation compared to TVengine 0.2, where everything was working like a charm and intuitively.

What you need to do at the moment is the following:
  1. Go to show in EPG
  2. Hit 'i' and then 'Record'
  3. In the scheduled recordings list you go to the recording on top of the list (the scheduled one that is recording)
  4. Hit 'OK' on your remote
  5. The question comes if you want to delete the recording of the episode or the entire schedule
  6. Now choose to delete the recording of the episode and hit 'OK'
  7. NOW, notice the button on the left is still saying "Don't record"
  8. Hit this button and the popup comes that says it's currently recording and deleting this stops the recording. Do you want this: YES!

Now the red recording dot disappears and stays away!
I hope this can be resolved fairly quickly.
Something like "when a scheduled recording is running, take the last necessary steps (step 7 and 8) automatically", but in programmer language offcourse :D
I haven't found a bugreport about it (forgive me if there is) so I thought I make one about it :)

Installation Type: single seat (Server client on the same PC)

TV-Server - Logs:
I don't think my logs would be usefull in this case, everybody can reproduce this issue.
Besides, I'm at work and not in a position to add a logzip to this report... :sorry:

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Which svn are you using if any?

I just use the 'active recordings' button in MYTV and when selected a list of active schedules is given, then selecting the schedule you wish to terminate will give you the desired effect.

Works here for single and anytime schedules for me with VISTA 32sp1 and XPsp3.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I just use the 'active recordings' button in MYTV and when selected a list of active schedules is given, then selecting the schedule you wish to terminate will give you the desired effect.

Hm, I guess that button is new in the svn's, I don't have it yet. Great! :D
    That sounds like a good solution, but I think the flaw or bug (whatever you want to call it) in the record part of a program (On your remote "ï" and than "Record" when watching a channel that is recording) should still eventually be fixed to work correctly.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Hm, I guess that button is new in the svn's, I don't have it yet. Great! :D
    That sounds like a good solution, but I think the flaw or bug (whatever you want to call it) in the record part of a program (On your remote "ï" and than "Record" when watching a channel that is recording) should still eventually be fixed to work correctly.

Maybe some skins are missing that button? Could you try with bluetwo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom