[SOLVED] an external plugin or skin passed moving pictures an invalid parameter (1 Viewer)

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

Many thank for such a nice plugin, my mediaportal experience wouldn't be as great without it.

I've unfortunately stumbled across a problem and, despite some googling, found no solution so far.

I'm using streamedMP v1.7.8.3202
    Mediaportal 1.2.3.0
    Movingpictures 1.5.1.1487 (had the same problem with previous versions)

In movingpictures I created two new categories, one for 'films' and one for 'cartoons'.

I added two movingpictures entries in the streamedMP menu editor and choose my two categories in the parameters drop down.

When I launch mediaportal, the 'cartoons' movingpictures entry is the default item. If I press 'enter' to activate it, I got the following message: "an external plugin or skin passed moving pictures an invalid parameter".

If instead of pressing 'enter' I use the left arrow to navigate to another menu entry then directly use the right arrow to go back to the 'cartoon' entry AND then press 'enter', it works without any problem.

If I set the 'films' entry as default, the same happens ('enter' gives the error popup and left, then right followed by 'enter' works)

This kind of feature seems quite mainstream so it's probably something I do wrong...

Help please :)

Josh

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Delete all your categories and restart MovPic config, this will recreate the default ones.

If it all works correct again afterwards, then you made a mistake in your 'custom' filters, so be sure to read the wiki fully before you try again.

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried deleting all categories, closing everything then launching again to have movingpictures recreate the categories. Then I used the default categories in the menu entries (recently added and unwatched).

The problem still remains.

If the default entry of the menu is a movingpictures plugin with a category AND that I activate it by pressing "enter" on the keyboard (as it would on a remote) then I got the error popup.

If I use a keyboard arrow to go to another menu entry and go back to the default entry, then hit "enter", it works.

If I use the mouse, the menu "flickers" into place when I start moving and then it works also (the flicker seems to recreate the effect of "left arrow/right arrow")

I also tried deleting the movingpictures db file and re-import movies, still the same error, even with the default categories.

My movingpictures is set to scrape in french and some of the default categories are also in french, in case it has an influence. (see attached screenshot)

I tried a movingpictures menu entry with no category set, which worked without problem. Sub-menus inside it worked also without problem (even my two custom categories)

Attached are also the logs generated by mp.

Thanks again for your time[DOUBLEPOST=1362741883][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi,

It seems the culprit was a bug with the streamedMP menu editor. We've tracked it with the dev.

Sorry for bugging you and thanks again for such a great plugin.

link

Attachments

• categories.jpg
      categories.jpg
      53.5 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom