[SOLVED] BASS Player changes working dir of some plugins (1 Viewer)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

this is not a real bug but a glitch that bugs me ;)

When I chose BASS player as default player the working dir for some plugins changes (mySpeedfan or onlinevideos for example) from "<MediaPortalRoot>" to "<MediaPortalRoot>\MusicPlayer\Plugins\Visualizations\". Is this done intentionaly or is it indead a bug ?

Any answer would be appreciated.

-level20peon

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The working directory is changed by the visualization you use. There's nothing we can do about that.
    However if plugins do not work correct (e.g. store thumbs, etc in that dir) then those are buggy (using relative paths) and must be fixed.

Could you please tell us what files you spotted in that dir / what goes wrong?

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello rtv,

I have to put the config xml files for MySpeedfan or onlinevideos into the "<MediaPortalRoot>\MusicPlayer\Plugins\Visualizations\" dir in order to be found by these plugins rather than to put them into the "<MediaPortalRoot>" directory which they are meant to be.

There are some .svp vis files in my "<MediaPortalRoot>\MusicPlayer\Plugins\Visualizations\" directory (vov-sa172.svp is selected as visualization).

-level20peon

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The problem is that those 2 plugins seem to use relative pathes, which is wrong.
    They need to use the Config ServiceProvider to find out the correct directories out of MediaPortalDirs.xml

The Core MP programs / plugins work that way.
    You need to talk to the authors of those plugins, so that they fix it

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the hint hwahrmann. I pointed the respective plugin authors to this.

-level20peon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom