(Solved) EPG wrong (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I noticed this a couple of days ago when checking for when the football is on, had hoped it would be corrected but as can be seen in the screenshots it has not. Strange.
    I'm using the regular DVB EPG option in TV config, always been good till now.
    Anyone an idea to fix or can confirm same problem?
    epg1.jpg epg2.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem extended as far into the future as the EPG went, e.g. there was no WM football shown for Das Erste and ZDF for Friday and Saturday even though the guides on the broadcasters websites confirmed it was in fact scheduled.
    I have fixed it by choosing a different channel per provider in the DVB EPG settings and then hitting the "Refresh EPG button in TV Server Config. manual control. Once the EPG had finished repopulating football is back on the schedule.:)
    A very odd glich!:confused:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And again football is missing from my EPG on both my Desktop PC and HTPC. I reckon someone is really upset that Germany went out so early.:eek:o_O
    See latest screenshots.
    epg1.jpg epg2.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's definitely an issue of your EPG source, not of MP... Maybe the grabber get one of the "Dritten" from the same transponder than "Das Erste" to grab the data and this is not up to date... Probably caused by a not that perfect signal or similar.

Other sources than DVB-EPG (that only is a "better than nothing" solution) didn't do this:
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's definitely an issue of your EPG source, not of MP... Maybe the grabber get one of the "Dritten" from the same transponder than "Das Erste" to grab the data and this is not up to date... Probably caused by a not that perfect signal or similar.

Other sources than DVB-EPG (that only is a "better than nothing" solution) didn't do this:
    View attachment 197972
    I use EPGBuddy with TV-Spielfilm and also no soccer is shown in EPG.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use EPG-Buddy with TV-Spielfilm and soccer definitely is shown in EPG as you can see on my screenshot.
    I haven't done anything different than usual ever since I'm using EPG-Buddy and I had a correct EPG for the whole World Cup..
    Do you really have DVB-EPG disabled in TV settings? If not it easily is possible that the DVB-EPG overwrites the correct data of EPG-Buddy with wrong data grabbed via DVB-EPG later the day...
    Next week this spooky thing is history nevertheless... No need to investigate too much time in "hunting ghosts" as this is no MP issue, I'm absolutely sure.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you really have DVB-EPG disabled in TV settings? If not it easily is possible that the DVB-EPG overwrites the correct data of EPG-Buddy with wrong data grabbed via DVB-EPG later the day...
    DVB-EPG never worked for me with any TV card, so I'm sure it's from EPG-Buddy. But I dont rememer when I grabbed it last time. I'll grab once again tonight and see the result.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next week this spooky thing is history nevertheless... No need to investigate too much time in "hunting ghosts" as this is no MP issue, I'm absolutely sure.
    Agreed, but it is a weird one:eek:. Bear in mind that I did do a EPG refresh last Thursday and at that time everything seemed OK though I can't say for sure that I checked "Das Erste for yesterday evening. ZDF EPG for this evening is showing the England-Croatia game and also both weekend games are included.
    The screenshot below shows my settings for DVB EPG, as far as I am aware that covers all 3 available providers but if anyone has alternative suggestions please let me know.
    epg3.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    DVB-EPG never worked for me with any TV card,
    This did not mean it can not disturb other methods if it is not disabled... Normally the DVB-EPG is part of the stream itself so if you can receive this transponder (means you can watch at least one channel from this transponder) you definitely will get the DVB-EPG data for all channels of this transponder. What can be done with those data is a completely different thing...

I'm sure it's from EPG-Buddy
    And I'm sure it isn't... I must have seen the same thing if it was from EPG-Buddy as I use the same data but I didn't ...

I dont rememer when I grabbed it last time. I'll grab once again tonight and see the result.
    Why don't you do the grabbing automatically on a daily base? The EPG data is renewed every day around 6:00 AM (CET) so it is best to grab data every morning (after 6:00 of course) and best is to not use a "full" hour (e.g. 8:00) as then it is possible that too many people are downloading the data at the same time. For this EPG-Buddy has a scheduler module included so you never again need to look after your EPG as long as there are no new channels available and/or some channels are renamed/closed (like "N24" was renamed to "WELT" lately),... You can set the schedule to a time when the system most likely is up nevertheless, if you don't want the system to wake up only for EPG-grabbing. I simply let the system wake up if it isn't awake already, grab EPG and let it go to sleep once it is finished if it isn't used for something else... So I always have an up to date EPG without doing a single mouse click myself... If you don't use "Standby" on your TV server (possible, as you don't do any recording afair) you nevertheless can use the scheduler. Then the data is grabbed in background as soon as you start the TV server system manually the next time after the grabbing should have started. Of course once a day only, even if the system wasn't up for some days...

I did do a EPG refresh last Thursday
    Didn't you do any EPG- grabbing while "idle" or while timeshifting"? If yes, it did not matter if the data was correct on Thursday as until Wednesday evening you most likely have watched some live TV, record something or have the TV engine hanging around idling... Then the data you've seen on Thursday is overwritten in meantime...
    I'm really curious if this happens only on "Das Erste" or also on "ZDF"... On your screenshots only "Das Erste" is shown... If this really is on "Das Erste" only, I'm pretty sure one of the "Dritten" (WDR, BR, SWR, MDR,... don't know which one) has old, incomplete data without the world cup for "Das Erste" and overwrites the EPG data later This is the only "logical" explanation for this behavior...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom