(Solved) EPG wrong (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Didn't you do any EPG- grabbing while "idle" or while timeshifting"? If yes, it did not matter if the data was correct on Thursday as until Wednesday evening you most likely have watched some live TV, record something or have the TV engine hanging around idling... Then the data you've seen on Thursday is overwritten in meantime...
    Yes for sure, but I was just pointing out that as of Thursday the EPG looked accurate but a newer grab must have lost the football again, i.e. the issue was not just a one time false data problem.
    I'm really curious if this happens only on "Das Erste" or also on "ZDF"... On your screenshots only "Das Erste" is shown... If this really is on "Das Erste" only, I'm pretty sure one of the "Dritten" (WDR, BR, SWR, MDR,... don't know which one) has old, incomplete data without the world cup for "Das Erste" and overwrites the EPG data later This is the only "logical" explanation for this behavior...
    No it is not only Das Erste, I just went to set up a recording for the football on my HTPC and found it is now missing from ZDF (see attached screenshot) and it was definitely there yesterday evening. I have hade to initiate an EPG refresh so I can set up the recording.:mad::eek:
    Will take a look at EPG Buddy, though this is the only time I have ever encountered a problem with DVB EPG.:confused:
    epg4.jpg

UPDATE:-
    Football is back with the refreshed EPG!

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No it is not only Das Erste
    Then I don't have any clue at all. :eek::confused: But it definitely must be related to the received DVB-EPG data nevertheless.
    For me it's working perfect in MP2.1.3
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Zwischenablage-3.jpg

Even in Kodi 18 Alpha2 it is working as expected (using MP2.1.3 as TV source)
    screenshot000.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And I'm sure it isn't... I must have seen the same thing if it was from EPG-Buddy as I use the same data but I didn't ...
    I used the grabbed data from EPG-Buddy, deactivted DVB-grabbing on my Dev PC and loaded the EPG-Buddy data. They are without soccer!

Why don't you do the grabbing automatically on a daily base?
    Not an option for me. Grabbing with EPG-Buddy takes hours and I do not want the HTPC run that long. Also daily would be waste for me, because I do not need to know, what is running the next days. I need only the current day for Live-Tv, so loading it every 12 days is enough for me.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Grabbing with EPG-Buddy takes hours
    Only grabbing the data from TVSpielfilm takes less than a minute, not longer... The compare with TVDB needs more time,, especially in the beginning when no series are cached. This time decreases rapidly if you do this more often as every series that was searched already before is saved in the download cache and don't need to be loaded again. If you don't want to have season and episodes numbers in EPG (as you never do any recording it most likely is not necessary at all) you can completely disable the compare and save a lot of time.
    I need around 30 Minutes for a complete grabbing and comparing incl 3 channels grabbed with WebGrab where those 3 channels grabbing last longer than the 60++ channels downloaded from TVspielfilm directly. Start is at 8:20 and EPG-Buddy always is finished around 8:40, 8:45... Then the data needs to be imported into the TV database, what also need it's time. But the whole process always is finished long before it is 9:00. As told, especially the first run incl. compare takes lot longer as the TVDB data needs to be downloaded once. Then it is used from local cache so there is no time, bandwidth and traffic wasted for downloading the same data over and over again...

loading it every 12 days is enough for me.
    Then you miss all recent changes in Program... And there is a lot that changes on a short time base... Aside this you can set the schedule to run on a weekly base also I wouldn't recommend this because you won't have a recent EPG this way... If you only grab every other week you have about 30- 40 % errors in EPG, depending on the channels you use... You can run EPG-Buddy schedule to run only when the system is awake nevertheless, if you configure the schedule the right way. But you definitely should do this much more often than every second week...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how can I disable DVB EPG
    You need to disable "EPG grabbing when timeshifting/recording" and also "EPG grabbing when idle" on the first tab:
    upload_2018-7-11_15-32-52.png

Then you need to tick "Store data only for selected channels" and untick every channel in the list below on the next tab (or click on "None" above the list, it's the same):
    upload_2018-7-11_15-34-4.png

This way no DVB-EPG data is used...

I want to try out EPG Buddy
    Please bare in mind that due to not filled cache the very first run lasts longer a lot than the "average" run later on... The first run can indeed take more than one hour probably even two hours, depending on how much channels you want EPG for and you need to compare with TVDB. You better don't do the compare on channels that don't broadcast series like shopping-, news-, sports-, music-,... channels. This will generally save a lot of time...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Lehmden Sorry to have to say that EPG Buddy seems to be very complicated and despite following your instructions from the first post in its discussion in the forum, I have obviously done something wrong because I don't appear to have mapped the channels and its not working:(. Not looking for help here, I will go back and redo the setup again, but just wanted to give first pass feedback.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry to have to say that EPG Buddy seems to be very complicated
    It is complicated, but nevertheless every other solution (WebGrab, mc2xml,...) is much more complicated, as you don't need to write batch files and edit xml files as you need to do with all other solutions. Not to mention they don't provide a way to add proper season and episodes numbers to the EPG at all.. If you never tried to get "better" EPG than the (poor) DVB- EPG this may be too much, but it is not that complicated once you've started to configure slowly and step after step. And you only need to do the work one time as long as no changes are in the aired channels of your provider...

following your instructions from the first post
    The manual (pdf file delivered with EPG-Buddy) is covering every possible data source and every possible option. Aside this it had lots of screenshots consuming a lot space. That's why it is about 30 pages long. But the only "complicated" thing is the configuration how the data for a channel should be prepared. Those steps always are the same over and over again for every channel, so after a few channels you are used to the procedure and feel it primitive and boring, no longer complicated at all...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want help, ask on the (German) EPG-Buddy thread and I will try to explain it as simple as possible. It really isn't hard to do but it takes it's time, Especially in the beginning when you are new to it and not familiar with the way EPG-Buddy is working...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom