SOLVED: Error: Media Portal has stopped working ? (1 Viewer)

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    (created this new thread, other one was in wrong subforum and under wrong username)
    I get a popup notifing me that Mediaportal has stopped working (MP is running fine behind the popup).
    After this popup MP closes. It occurs when I open Movingpictures or MPTVServies, I noticed that when importing/updating starts I get the crash/popup. When watching TV the error/popup doens't occur.
    BTW: I updated MP last night to 1.2.3 but downgraded to today when using system restore and later restoring a complete disk image. Now I'm running MP 1.2.2
    Things I tried:
    - creating a new tvseries en movingpictures database
    - system restore to a couple of days ago (before the MP update)
    - Restored the complete HDD with a backup image
    - updated mediainfo (came accross this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/media-portal-has-stopped-working.102395/) but error is a bit different.
    Error details:
    Description:
    Stopped working
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01:mediaportal.exe
    Problem Signature 02:1.2.2.0
    Problem Signature 03:4ef0b311
    Problem Signature 04:confused:ystem
    Problem Signature 05:2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06:4ea78da2
    Problem Signature 07:20c8
    Problem Signature 08:48
    Problem Signature 09:confused:ystem.ArgumentException
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
    Locale ID:1043
    Read our privacy statement online:
    If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybee some more information is in place:
    Some things have changed yesterday, but I didn't think they were related. To be sure, here's what I've done:
    The HTPC with Mediaportal installed connects to a file server for all the tv series and movies, this used to be a Windows XP PC. Yesterday i've upgraded the hardware and also upgraded the OS to Windows 7.
    To share complete harddrives I've setup the Windows 7 fileserver with a password for my Windows Account. On the HTPC I did the same > same username and password to make things easy. If I don't do this I can't connect to the shared harddrives over the network.
    Because a complete restore of an earlier moment (when Mediaportal worked fine, restored before to this image and that worked like a charm) did not solve the problem I think it might be related to the fact that the HTPC is now connecting to a Windows 7 pc for the files, instead of the Windows XP pc.
    Anyone ideas about this? Maybee there's a better way of sharing the complete harddrives over the network, which bypasses this problem.

Last edited:

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke, this is a reminder for myself and other non log file viewer: read and post your logs!!

Found the source of the error: WOL-manager was still linked to my old pc/MAC-adress. For some reason Windows then closes MP.
    This error was clearly stated in the error log of MP, so I could have solved this within minutes if I just looked at those logs.

Stupid thing is that I looked at some of the logs, but not the error log :whistle:.

Sorry for the wast of space on this fine forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom