SOLVED: Error on Startup: "Mediaportal has stopped working"

Discussion in 'General Support' started by rich110, October 18, 2013.

1. rich110

rich110 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

I get this error every time I start Mediaportal - without fail. The full error can be seen in the screenshot attached. If I close the error window (using the red cross in the corner, not the 'OK' button) then MP continues to work just fine, but every time I restart it comes back - annoying. This behaviour started with all versions of MP 1.4, and has continued all the way through all versions since (including the v1.5 final release).

I have attached logs. Method of collecting logs was to (i) close MP, (ii) delete all files in the MP Logs folder, (iii) start MP (error occurs), (iv) close MP, (v) collect newly generated logs.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers, Rich

Attached Files:

• Untitled.jpg
      Untitled.jpg
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Uploaded:
      October 18, 2013
      Views:
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TheBatfink
    • Premium Supporter

TheBatfink MP Donator

Business System Analyst
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I am getting this also. Ussually the error sits behind MePo and causes no issue, sometimes it is on top and requires a mouse to close the error.

I am also seeing that after the machine goes to sleep, when it resumes, MePo does not fire back up. The task bar is missing and this error is present on the screen. Using the green button to start MePo from the taskbar seems to work fine.

I'll grab some debug logs today.

Edit: Started a new thread as I have the resume from standby problem also and I'm technically not using a 1.5 standard installation. Logs are here if it helps with this startup error though https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...up-and-failure-to-resume-from-standby.122399/

Last edited: October 20, 2013
  4. rich110

rich110 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    For anyone who might stumble across this thread, it turns that the problem with my setup was the plugin MPSync (the database/folder backup plugin). It was throwing up an error regarding a System.XML root element missing (or similar). I disabled the plugin and all is good.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!