[Solved] Harmony Touch stopped working (MCE remote) (1 Viewer)

bizaflare

Portal Member
January 1, 2014
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone,

I am new to MP and I am puzzled. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit, the newest MP version (1.6.0 final). I got a Logitech Harmony Touch and bought an AEOne USB-IR receiver (OVU411000/00) using the "Microsoft Windows Media Center" profile.

When I installed MP it worked quite well - even though some buttons where badly mapped. I tried to fix that - and after some attemps where I tried to find the correct functions, the direction keys stopped working. Some other keys still worked.
I tried several things to get them working again - it got worse however. I now tried to completely uninstall and reinstall MediaPortal, skim this forum for similar issues, google, test different Harmony profiles. Now, I am back to the in the beginning mentioned profile, which used to work - but Media Portal does not react to the inputs at all.

In EventGhost, however, they still work. My PC seems get the correct signal (e.g. MceRemote.Mce.Left), but they are not passed or read by MediaPortal. Of course I have the "Use Microsoft MCE remote or keyboard" checkbox set.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Managed to get it working. There seems to be a windows 8 bug. EHome driver uninstall and reboot did the trick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom