SOLVED:How many streams with dvbip? (1 Viewer)

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I setup MP with dvbip to receive iptv. Works great. Only thing is I can only record 1 channel and watch another. When I record a third channel, it does not start until the first is stopped. I have 4 dvbip cards configured. Am I missing something?
I'm not using cam modules or anything.
(mediaportal with 2 nic's, one for receiving, on switch together with amino 110, directly to genexis. XMSnet, glashart, netherlands)

Solution:
disabled the pre-installed available dvb-ip card.
tested: able to record 3 streams
added a new 4th dvb-ip card, added the available channels.
tested: able to record 3 channels en watch a 4th.

Maybe I will try to record more streams at once but on this moment there is no need.

emphyrio

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Utrecht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I also have the option of getting Fibre to the Home with XMSnet. I'm very interested in their offer, but I'm also hesitant because I didn't know if I could get DVB-IP to function in Mediaportal. But then I read your post, and you say it works for you! That's great to hear.

Would you be so kind to tell us some more about this? What did you need to do to get it working? Which steps are involved? It would be great if you could share some info on this.

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I got my info from here:IPTV op je HTPC - Netwerken - GoT (how to configure your pc)
and here: Lijbrandt IPTV via router? - Netwerken - GoT (for the playlist and some more info)

Fibre modem is a genexis, IPTV is on different port dan internet. It has to be activated.
Get a subscription on standard dtv.
stb and mepo pc are on a 10/100 switch.
First used my netbook with vlc, using ip from stb and spoofing mac. Then took the step to mepo.
Also by using same ip and mac on mp pc as used by stb. With the use of the playlist I let the dvb-ip card in mp do a scan.
It works great, fast etc.etc.

But, but, but. It worked for 3 days. Since this morning I don't receive any channels. I got the tip to use a different mac then used by my amino but it does not solve it. I will post an update if I solve it or when it solves by itself.

I waited for a long time to get a subscription on digital tv. In 2009 you paid for the stb and no monthly fee. Now you got the stb for free and pay for standard dtv € 4,95. So the longer you wait.....
I got it with the coming cold dark months in mind, but I really can recommend it. Watching tv is much nicer and easier on your eyes.

ebk71

Portal Member
May 16, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
At this moment it's working fine. One of the onboard nic's was faulty.Placed a pci nic. I didn't have to change the mac. But since I changed the dhcpsvcs.dll the vendorid is send with the dhcp request.

emphyrio

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Utrecht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
At this moment it's working fine. One of the onboard nic's was faulty.Placed a pci nic. I didn't have to change the mac. But since I changed the dhcpsvcs.dll the vendorid is send with the dhcp request.
After reading the posts on Tweakers, I now know what you are talking about when you say dhcpsvcs.dll and vendorid. (My first reaction was: *huh*?)

Great to hear it's working, and thank you for the links to Tweakers.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Hi guys,
    I've been reading the Dutch site that you mentioned (google translate). Now I get the IPTV stream to MediaPortal, but I can't watch the scrambled stations. Did you solve that?
    The setup is that I connect the IPTV streamer to a switch, from the switch to the Amino 140 and the HTPC. Can watch all the free TV stations, but not the scrambled.
    I would appriciate if you could help me in this matter.

Kjartan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom