Solved - Moving pictures - custom menu, filter view for kid movies (1 Viewer)

juro

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Together,

Seperating movies for my kids I used the MP standard video plugin so far. I lot of movies will no be found by the scraper. So I deciided to use Moving piuctures as well as for my movies and the kids. I My series I use a custom tag for this: Every series I can assign to the custom tag adult or kids then which I can then assign to a special viw or menu (e.g Streamed MP menu editor).

How can I do this with Moving Pictures. Coll would be the, If could combine rules, eg show me all unwatche marked as adult.

Thanks!

Juro

PS: The genre filter "kids" is no solution, because a lot of kids movies are not automated assigned to this genre. A manually assignment is required

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Together,

Seperating movies for my kids I used the MP standard video plugin so far. I lot of movies will no be found by the scraper. So I deciided to use Moving piuctures as well as for my movies and the kids. I My series I use a custom tag for this: Every series I can assign to the custom tag adult or kids then which I can then assign to a special viw or menu (e.g Streamed MP menu editor).

How can I do this with Moving Pictures. Coll would be the, If could combine rules, eg show me all unwatche marked as adult.

PS: The genre filter "kids" is no solution, because a lot of kids movies are not automated assigned to this genre. A manually assignment is required

Genres are filled in automatic by the scraper-script you use. There is however no IMDb genre called 'kids', so you must be talking about a category you added.

These work based on filters you can create. The easiest way is to use certifications, for example "G", "PG" or "PG-13" can all be used, and even in combination with say genre = "Animation". You can even toss in a studios = "Disney" if you want.

Aside from all that you can also use the parental system, so that by default movies you do not want a kid to 'see' are hidden until a PIN code is entered. Keep in mind that this system is in reverse, incase you end up with an empty movie list in MovPic.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for reply. Mhhh best way would be to seperate them by the path where they stored. Unfortunately I asume that this filter is not available?! Shouldn't be a big thing, maybe a feature request. I don't think that I get the result I want to have by combining lots of filters which filter the scraped movie information. I also would like to split the acces with two diffent menus. Series Kids and Series.

BR
    Juro

PS Think I got it creating an emty menu item, the adding filter full path contains

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    PS Think I got it creating an emty menu item, the adding filter full path contains

Yes, this is all explained in wiki as well, and you got a ton of powerful filters that can be used.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes you could delete all the default categories and just have 2 categories kids vs adult separated based on file path

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You could use white list filters for this as well. I create a new top level menu node called "kids movies". I then manually assign the titles that I want to display for that node.

I noticed a couple of other posts about this as well. Are white / black filter lists documented anywhere in the wiki? I just figured it out on my own by poking around the MP plugin configuration.

Anyway, hope it helps.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Now that you created all of these custom filters and associated all of your movies, you will want an easy way to restore all of these settings should you have to reinstall MP or movingPictures.​
    I finally finished the MP Import Export Tool, and released it as a "Testing" phase - more info can be found on the MP downloads page:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tools/movingpictures-import-export-gui

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @thlucas, drop me a PM, I've been wanting to add cloud based sharing of those filters with IMDb+, but have not had any time to work on this.

I started some definitions and early planning on it, but then work/life/etc interfered.

The end goal is to make distribution of those 'exports' cloud based, so that once you invested all the time into making awesome custom categories, others can benefit as well.

Issue @ http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/issues/detail?id=22

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Brilliant idea Rochess. LOVE IT! would love to also see a cloud based tv + radio channel logo system (although would be more complicated bc of duplicate channel names for different countries/networks / different logo styles etc, actually this may not be possible... anyways nice idea)

Last edited:

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mmhh, I just have problems with the filter "new movie". Standard filter as well as a customized filter are always empty. No movie is in. Any idea or known problem?! I will test a little with and empty data base and standard settings ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom