[Solved] MP Does not output movies as PCM ? (1 Viewer)

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
SAF Version 4.0
MP version 1.2.0 Beta

Should'n I output in PCM with SPDIF, and make reciever handle DD and DTS if possible?
If so, I have a little issue.

When playing music, it outputs the sound as PCM, which I can see on the amplifier so this is OK.
As soon, as I play a movie, the PCM status icon disappears on the reciever and only DTS or DD lights up, meaning that the reciever, recieves the sound already coded as DTS or DD, OR am I mistaken?

I have enabled ffdshow Audio Decoder under Videos, DVD and TV inside MP configuration, and my ffdshow settings are as below.
Also ffdshow Audio Decoder is used un "Codecs and Renderer"

I have tried to disable the filter, inside MP configuration, but it makes no difference at all whether it is enabled or disabled.
Seems to be that it is not working at all?

I have tried to uninstall SAF, reboot, install SAF, reboot. No change.

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP Does not output movies as PCM ?

Hi.
    I think it is not necessarily to use ffdshow as an Post Processing Filter. It should work as an systemwide option to handle its audio output.
    I use in eg the ac3filter with passtrough settings as audio device for MP and it works how it should be. Normal sound as PCM and surround DTS/DD as well when I play movies.
    My Receiver recognise the correct signal and all is fine.

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: MP Does not output movies as PCM ?

You might be right.
    I am woundering why I cannot see the PCM signal on the reciever when playing video files inside mediaportal. It seems to be that it handles the DTS/DD signal, which it should not. The reciever should do this job. When I play Blu-Rays (from PS3) or DVDs from a normal DVD player, it works by sending an PCM signal through the reciever which then handles the decoding. MP should do exactly this.

--edit--
    Oh well, how wrong can you be. The DVD player does not send as PCM as I first thought. :)

So everything is as it should be.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom