[solved] MP1.4/1.5 - MCE Remote, Win7 Ultimate, Only some buttons working. (1 Viewer)

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, i apologize up front for posting another of these threads but i'm stuck after reading loads of other threads.

I have the same problem as others in that only a few buttons work on my MCE remote.

I have:
MP1 1.5 (uninstalled 1.4 completely)
Windows 7 ultimate
Hauppauge HVR-2210 Media Centre Kit (from pc case gear)
Loaded all drivers from the Hauppuage cd that shipped with the kit.

What i have done:
I've turned off services within pm config and ticked auto start mp tray
Ticked use MCE remote under remotes section.
Plugged in infrared sensor.

Result: Volume, clear, enter, OK, and direction buttons work. No green button action, the cursor changes when the green button is pressed but nothing happens.

The remote works well with WMC

I followed some posts to implement MPTray mod, no change.

Tried installing IRSS 1.5.0.62, the control plugin appears in the incompatible plugins section (mp 1.4 and 1.5)

No change

I have the silverstone gd08 case which doesn't have an IR reciever so i don't think any other reciever is conflicting.

The remote must be a clone as it doesn't have the second power button. PC Case Gear site says that the remote is Windows Media Centre Certified.

Was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction with regards to further steps i could undertake to investigate?

Cheers

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi
Did you get anywhere with this? I've got a similar issue I think.
2 separate machines.
Both Windows 8.1 (x64)
Both RC6 remotes (only 1 official MS one)
Both MP 1.5
Both only work with arrow keys and volume when MCE remote is ticked.
Both give some more functionality with the HID option ticked but then none of the 'special' buttons work
I did have one working initially (the proper MS one) but had numerous other issues which led to reinstalling TV cards (one of which seems to have a IR receiver in it).
I've read about IR receivers conflicting but can't find any a solution to this

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
No, i haven't been able to resolve this.
I ended up installing IRSS and saved some keystroke data and now the remote is completely unresponsive, not a single button works.

This was my first htpc build and i had pretty much all of MP working but the remote has me stumped.

I'm now considering a complete reinstall of windows in the hope that the few remote buttons that were working return.

I've done a complete reinstall of MP including redoing all settings to no avail.

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
weirdly I resolved mine yesterday. It was all down to conflicts I think. MP seems to have trouble if there is more than one device that can be considered IR. It seems to take priority from the install time of that device (I think).
One machine (the one that broke after reinstalling the tv cards) was fixed by deleting everything in device manager under human interface devices (including deleting drivers) and allowing them to be reinstalled after a restart (I tried just deleting the ehome transceiver at first but this did not improve things). Remote immediately started working. The conflict was presumably because one of the TV cards included an IR port (but no receiver!)
Another machine was fixed in the same way although I've no idea what the conflict was with. I do however have on unknown device now in device manager so that may have been it. I'm not missing any functionality though so it's all good.

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
That's good to hear that your issue has been resolved.
I tried your solution and had some success, the original subset of remote buttons have started working again. I ticked the HID device check box in MP config also and one more button started working, that was the power down button, other than that back to where i started. Still no MS green button working to open up MP.

When you mention uninstalling device drivers in HID did you mean selecting to uninstall? I went thru and just uninstalled each device in the list except the ehome transceiver.

Anyway, i decided to give XBMC a go(MP all of a sudden crashes when i open myfilms, so i can't use MP unless i uninstall my films). Installed and many more remote buttons work, still not all but i'll attempt to rectify that tonight.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
I meant that I uninstalled nearly everything in Hid including the ehome thing, just leaving the one keyboard that I knew was my actual keyboard. Sometimes when you uninstall you get a check box to delete drivers. I always ticked that. When I restarted everything reinstalled and the remote worked. Double check that you've got the correct things selected in mp config at this point.
I've just come back to mp after a couple of years over with everything on xbmc. There a pros and con's to both but live TV is an absolute nightmare on xbmc compared to mp which is what made my mind up, although out of the box configuration is easier with xbmc IMO

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
I deleted everything in HID including both E home tranceivers (guess there is 2 as it is a dual tuner?). With HID device ticked in MP config i now get the play, pause etc buttons working as well as the back button. I've tried mapping other keys in mp config/ also changing existing keys/mappings but nothing changes?

I've completely rolled back the xbmc install, TV isn't up to scratch as you mentioned.

I set up movingpictures instead of myfilms, superb.

Can anyone tell me why any changes in the mp mce remote mapping window make no effect at all?

stanleywinston

Portal Member
October 7, 2013
Home Country
It is frustrating but if mp doesn't think that you've got a mce remote then that section won't do anything. Are you sure that it is a proper mce type remote receiver?

johnoxy

Portal Member
June 13, 2013
Home Country
Australia Australia
agreed,very frustrating. The receiver is the philips spinel plus that ships with the hauppauge media centre kit which I presumed was compatible

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom