[solved] Music scan do not like some characters - improvement suggestion (1 Viewer)

marsoupilami

Portal Member
May 20, 2011
Home Country
France France
Hello,

I'm using MP for music in a directory located on a NAS.
Music scan crash very early in the process (some few files). The errors from the log file was the following (sorry for french):
Code:
[ERROR][(11)]: MusicDBReorg: Exception accessing file or folder: Le format du chemin d'accès donné n'est pas pris en charge.

After lots of tries, I found that the problem is coming from some specific characters (side effect of windows and linux cohabitation ;) ). In my case it was " and ... and :

It seems to have same effect on fanart scraper with less debug info.

Suggestion would be to add the name of the file or some explicit context in the log because was little bit strong to find the root cause.

Hope that it will help someone.

Last edited:

marsoupilami

Portal Member
May 20, 2011
Home Country
France France
You sholuld not be able to create a file on Windows with a colon or quotes in its name.
You can, as far you use a network drive shared with other operating systems with no such limitations.

It is not strange that MP crashes on such a file, as Windows would not allow such characters in a file name.
I do not propose to correct windows ;) I only propose to have a more explicit message not to spend several hours to find the problem. It will be very usefull when you have several thousands of files. As it is said in the link you mentioned above:
There is no general encoding standard for filenames.
Because file names have to been exchanged between software environments (think network file transfer, file system storage, backup and file synchronization software, configuration management, data compression and archiving, etc.) it is very important not to lose file name information between applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom