[solved] Please help! Mediaportal crash continuosly (1 Viewer)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I had mediaportal working like a charm, but suddenly it began to crash just trying to watch TV or Moving Pictures, or anything else. It is a big amount of work to configure everything, specially the TV, Moving Pictures, online Videos, and Series.
    I attach the error logs in case will be a solution other than do a fresh installation.

Thanks in advance.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    as far as i see mostly every error has to do with your graphic card

"2012-10-17 20:27:05.324435 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Error en la aplicación.
    -2005532292 (D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY)"

Maybe you should try to install the lastest driver.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you in fact I did it, but nothing change. Also I put back the graphic card and tried to use the one integrated in the motherboard with the same result. Finally I did a backup with backup settings plugin and unistall Mediaportal, then reinstall it and try TV part and worked. Then I import the backup again and mediaportal crash. Is my destiny make a fresh install a lose 6 hrs. of my time?(n)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    you haven't filled your system specs, so..
    how much memory do you have in your graphic card? if it is shared memory - how much is configured in BIOS?
    i have ION chipset (almost same graphic core as in nVidia 9400), and found out that MP need at least 512 MB graphic memory (assigned as shared memory in BIOS) to work smooth.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    you haven't filled your system specs, so..
    how much memory do you have in your graphic card? if it is shared memory - how much is configured in BIOS?
    i have ION chipset (almost same graphic core as in nVidia 9400), and found out that MP need at least 512 MB graphic memory (assigned as shared memory in BIOS) to work smooth.
    Thanks for your advise, the graphic card chipset integrated in motherboard is Intel® H57 Express Chipset (good enough for playing HD content) and yes I have almost 512 MB assigned as shared memory. The problem must be in some data corrupted because when I did a fresh install it worked and as soon as I restored my data backup the problem reappear again. I have put back the nvidia GeForce GT 440 again because is working properly. The problem is inside mediaportal because the rest of the system is working normally.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    try to disable movingpictures plugin - it seems that its DB is crashed and plugin itself takes all available memory.
    Thank you I will try tonight and let you Know. Just in case will be movingpictures DB, can be repaired, or I will have to rescan my movie collection (more that 800 movies)

Last edited:

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Bingo! You were right, disabled movingpictures and everything works again. Now I will ask in movingpictures forum if I can repair data base without scanning all my movies again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom