wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all - here is a weird one:

RC4, SVN from 23rd April.

MP works good and smooth in fullscreen TV. But when I go to the EPG MP hangs every 3 seconds for a second. It is also in other menus but most annoying in the EPG.

I tried everything from defragmenting to moving the recording folder around on my disk. I tried to find out what is going on in that second but found nothing. No hint in the log.

When I watch the task manager while that second the load isn't at 100% but at 0%.

Yesterday I did a new install and first I didn't have the problem. :) Then I copied this nice channel logos that I found somewhere in the web (.png) into the ../thumbs/tv/logos folder and then it came back ... :(

Now the funny thing is when I delete the png's my problem is still there. :evil:

It is an annoying thing because you can not navigate around smoothly. I think I have it since RC2 ... I was always waiting that it would disappear with a new CVS/SVN but it is a dogged problem.

If nobody knows what to do I will do a reinstall again and live without logos. But maybe it is not from the logos and it is more a question of a certain time period after reinstalling ...

okay ...

If anybody has an idea please tell me

thanks+regards
WeWe

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    we cannot help you if you do not fill in the bug report template.
    How should we help if we do not know anything about codecs used, hardware etc etc.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    to remove completely the logo usage take care of removing the packegfx files from your current skin folder.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well ... it is not really solved. But now I know what the problem is: the NVIDIA PureVideo Codec.

In MP's settings for the PureVideo codec there is an option called "use hardware acceleration". When I activate that I have the problem that fullscreen TV is very smooth - but in all menus with the small TV picture I have a heavy stuttering.

When I deactivate that option I don't have this problem but TV picture is not good (especially quick movements like in sports).

So I deactivated PureVideo and actived Mpeg2Dec.

I will have to fiddle with PureVideo. Update to a newer version, tweak the options and so on ...

Does anybody know s.th. about that problem or has an idea what to do?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom