[SOLVED] TBS 6984 Multi-Tuner confusion (1 Viewer)

Cojun

Portal Pro
March 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

since a long time using of MePo 1.2.0 in a multiseat enviroment driven by 3 hauppauge cards i decided for something innovative :) MePo 1.5.0 is the first choice :)
So i buyed a TBS 6984 Quad-Tuner card.

After setting up the TV Server i try to check what happens on the client machines. Starting the first Client (1.5.0) and watching HD TV. Cool ... nice stream, good Quality.
After connecting the second Client (1.2.0) i can stream another channel. But ... after switching to the same HD channel like the first client i earn a: All cards busy ....

I try to find support. Struggling in the TV Server cofig and nothing happens. Still: All cards busy....

Then I analyze the channel mapping in the TV Server. There are 4 Tuners on the card. But only 1!!!! tuner supports the HD Channels. no other tuner has HD channels mapped. And ... it comes much harder. No HD channel for tuner B,C or D are available to map. Only for tuner A. The other tuners can only be mapped with normal channels.

I added 2 ScreenShots to that posting.
On the first, you can see that tuner A has HD channel "Das Erste HD".
On the second one, you will see tuner B without "Das Erste HD".

Is that normal? Only 1 tuner will provide HD channels? I think this could not be. Or?
Or should i scan for channels for each tuner?

Hope, you can help me out in this case and thank you in dvance.

Daniel

Attachments

• TunerA-DasErsteHD.JPG
    TunerA-DasErsteHD.JPG
    21.8 KB
  • TunerA-DasErsteOhneHD.JPG
    TunerA-DasErsteOhneHD.JPG
    20.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey mm,

thank you for the fast response. I give that thing a try.
    You tell me, that using a 1.2.0 client on a 1.5.0 Server is not supportet. Okay i understand. Maybe this can be the reason for extreme stuttering while Streaming with 2 Clients (1.5.0 and 1.2.0 mixed).
    While scanning, i will update my Clients with 1.5.0 and come back to this thread with some news.

Thanks again for the fast reply

Daniel

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @all,

this thread is solved.
    I scanned each tuner. This fixed that HD channel problem for me.

Thanks to mm for the fast support

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom