[Solved] TV Card Does Not Support Radio (1 Viewer)

BadDadSam

Portal Member
September 5, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So, are we talking about MP uninstall or Pulling the cards & reinstall? I take it this is not a .xml file to edit, but something else?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Most of the TV Server settings are stored in a database, and that database continues to exist on your PC unless you do a full uninstall (I think the term is "full product cleanup"). The database is not an XML file, no. It will be a MySQL or SQL Server database, depending on what you chose when you first installed.

What you can do...
    1. Use the import/export section of TV Server configuration to export your channel list and groups.
    2. Close TV Server configuration.
    3. Edit the TV Server configuration shortcut on your desktop (right click, select properties) and add " /configure-db" after the SetupTv.exe bit in the "target" field. Click OK.
    3. Start TV Server configuration. If you've edited the shortcut correctly it should be asking for DB configuration info. Something like this:
    http://users.telenet.be/Drizla/SetupDatabaseConnection.png
    4. Enter the required info. For a MySQL database (most common) default username and password is root and MediaPortal (case sensitive). Now for the important bit: change the schema name to something other than default MpTvDb.Now click "test" and "save" once test succeeds.

At this stage you should now have TV Server configuration open in front of you. There should be zero channels in your channel list if you've done everything correctly, and you should be able to go to the scanning section for all of your tuners.

Now to tidy up (do this before you do any scanning!!!):
    1. Use the import/export section of TV Server configuration to import your channels again from the XML file created in step 1. I think this also recreates your hybrid tuner groups etc. etc. etc. There are a few things it won't reconfigure, but it gets most things.
    2. Re-edit the TV Server config shortcut and remove the /configure-db bit.

mm

Last edited:

BadDadSam

Portal Member
    September 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank You MM
    The wife wants to watch TV, will have to attack this tomorrow night. I will post results.

BadDadSam

Portal Member
    September 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Step 3. Not working, tried with & without "space" before "/configure-db" get error message.

Attachments

• Data.png
      Data.png
      129.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should be ...\SetupTv.exe" /configure-db
    In other words, take the /configure-db bit outside the quotation mark.

BadDadSam

Portal Member
    September 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank You MM1352000, All is good, works great now!!!

PS Had to do the "ALL Channel" Thing in Radio to get guide to work again.

Thanks Again !!!

BadDadSam

Portal Member
    September 5, 2011
    Home Country
    I don't know how to do that. Be happy to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom