Solved! TV Server can't scan, no signal exception in log (1 Viewer)

pellegj

Portal Pro
May 7, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, i solved it myself. It seems in Win 7 x64 the i need the onboard audio card enabled, this was not needed in x86 or Win XP.

Just freshly reinstalled my MultiSeat TV Server with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (with all updates) and MP TV Server 1.2.1 and can't scan, only getting no signal and this in error.log:
Code:
2011-10-16 19:07:00.020391 [(11)]: Exception   :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Scan(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.DvbBaseScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
   at TvService.ChannelScanning.Scan(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
Logs attached!

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Default Wide
Windows Version: Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel Q9400
HDD: Seagate 80GB
Memory: 4 GB DDR2
Motherboard: P5QPL-AM
Video Card: Onboard Intel
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 6.10.2.6585
1. TV Card: TT S2-3200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8
2. TV Card: TT S2-3200
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Telenor
Cooling: Many Fans
Power Supply:
Remote: MS MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi pellegj

This was almost certainly not caused by the onboard audio. I think it is far more likely that TV Server just started and tried to use the tuner before the driver was ready.

mm

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi pellegj

This was almost certainly not caused by the onboard audio. I think it is far more likely that TV Server just started and tried to use the tuner before the driver was ready.

mm

Hi!
    I doubt that very much since i tried several times, both restarting the computer and restarting the service (since i was taking the logs as clean as possible i stopped the service many, many minutes after the system was started) without result. As soon as i enabled the onboard audio it started working straight away. I even tried different version's of MP. 1.2.1, 1.2.0, 1.2.0RC, 1.2.0Beta, 1.1.3, and nothing worked, until i enable the audio. I guess it was because without any audio card in the system there were missing some other components that is needed x64 systems. I did not have any audio installed before i enabled the onboard card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom