[SOLVED] Windows 8? Ambibox? (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone had tried Windows 8 + Mediaportal + Ambibox?

There is a special mode in Ambibox that works only with Windows 8, it looks to be a means to get everything to the LEDs without the cost, but is that true?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'll answer my own question.

I upgraded to 8 then 8.1 last night (doing it like that keeps installations). Amazingly, everything held together through the upgrade, and Mediaportal worked as well after as it had on 7.

On the plus side, Ambibox in 'Windows 8' mode actually showed LEDs for MP, TV/Film and Milkdrop. All without any negative frame rate effects. Amazing! Games/demoscene didn't work but I think that's why PlayClaw exists.

I didn't enjoy the lack of cofig that is offered in AtmoWin, but I think its usable enough. If the wizard could do a gradual thing like AtmoWin that would probably cover it for me.

AtmoWin and Ambibox seem to indicate a different number of channels. AtmoWin will be the number of LEDs whereas Ambibox will be 3 x number of leds. I had to change my Arduino script to ignore the channel byte so both bits of software will work.

Last edited:
    B

BassFan

i have found a Memory Leak inside Bass_Vis between AmbiBox and any Visualization. (Win7)
    any developer has confirm this.
    Do use Milkdrop from MP with Bass_Vis then Rendering Milkdrop or other VizPlugin will never work after 1.7 Final is Released
    AmbiBox are now add to the Blacklist inside Bass_Vis.

Sorry. i will have a stable Version of Bass_Vis for MP without Memoryleak or other Problem.
    your should then use MP with external Player like Winamp to if you want use Milkdrop with AmbiBox.
    I can not regard for third-party applications outside MP take.

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi BassFan, do you think this would affect AmbiBox in Windows 8 running in 'Windows 8' mode? I wouldn't have thought so but wanted to check.

B

BassFan

Hi BassFan, do you think this would affect AmbiBox in Windows 8 running in 'Windows 8' mode? I wouldn't have thought so but wanted to check.

no idea i have not Win8 installed.
    if i can fixed any for this Problem under Win7 then i will do it.

greets

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I believe the 'Windows 8' mode is grabbing a frame from a buffer that is already produced automatically in W8, hence there are nearly no performance drops.

Is the offending bass_vis in GIT master right now? If so, then I may already be testing it, and it is not reproducing the problem you describe (system stable after hours of music). So I guess if people moan at you about it you can say 'upgrade to Windows 8' ;)

best regards

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    8.1 boots to desktop and looks to be a rock solid HTPC platform, if only as a base for MediaPortal. Starts up in 10 seconds, shuts down in 2 seconds from playing video, including HDMI-CEC TV and Amp switching. Using classic start no tiles required.

B

BassFan

Ich bin froh das meine Lib überhaupt mit Win8 funktioniert.
    Wie schon gesagt. Ich werde keinen extra Support was Win8 angeht beginnen.
    Weil ich es nicht installiere, warum auch immer.
    -----------------------------------
    Glad works my lib with Win8 anyway.
    As I already said. I will not provide any extra support as regards Win8 begin.
    Because I do not install it, why ever.

greets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom