Solving the Hibernate issue on WinXP (home) (1 Viewer)

SPYcorp

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
Well. Even after installing the latest CVS and the new 0.1.3 beta i got that issue when MP suspends or hibernate and i (or the sheduler) wake it up MP stands still in log-on screen whith an CPU usage auf 100%.
Setting auto-logon with tweakUI didn´t solve the problem.
According to the MS knowlegebase this is an problem with .NETframework witch creates the user ASP.net (and XP SP2)

Now i found a solution that works for me.

First I update my MP machine to the latest MS patches (inc. .Net fix + .Net SP1)

I did 2 steps (dont know wichone is the working)

Step 1

Auto Logon to Windows XP
Published: March 18, 2002

Submitted by Doug Knox, Microsoft MVP, Tewksbury, Massachusetts

You can configure Windows XP to automate the logon process if your computer is not part of a domain.

1. Click Start, click Run, and type control userpasswords2.
2. Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer check box.
3. Click Apply.
4. Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.
5. Click OK again and you're all done.

This feature allows other users to start your computer and use the account that you establish to automatically log on. Enabling auto logon makes your computer more convenient to use, but can pose a security risk.

Step 2

Manually Put Your Computer Into Hibernation
Published: June 18, 2001

Submitted by Ryan J. Magyar, West Mifflin, Pennsylvania

If you are using Windows XP Home Edition, or Windows XP Professional with Fast User Switching turned on, the Turn Off Computer menu will present the options to Stand By, Turn Off, or Restart your computer. You might want to put your computer into Hibernate mode, a cool feature in Windows XP that is hidden in the Turn Off Computer box. To manually place your computer into hibernation (after enabling hibernation on your computer) follow this tip:

1. Click Start, and then click Turn off computer.
2. Press and hold the Shift key. The label under the first button on the left changes from Stand By to Hibernate.
3. Click the Hibernate button.

To enable hibernation support on your computer:

You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators or Power Users group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent this procedure.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Power Options.
2. Click the Hibernate tab, and then select the Enable hibernate support check box. If the Hibernate tab is not available, your hardware does not support this feature.
3. Click OK to close the Power Options dialog box.

Note: When you put your computer into hibernation, everything in computer memory is saved on your hard disk. When you turn the computer back on, all programs and documents that were open when you turned the computer off are restored on the desktop.

Now my MP really hibernate and restart without any problem.
Hope this is usefull for you.

P.S. Hmmm. Now is see, that Step 1 is hidden in Wiki. I hope its OK i postet it again here ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom