Some assistance setting up disecq switch please (1 Viewer)

Delphiwizard

October 19, 2013
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi all, i am looking to use Mediaportal but i need some assistance, i will try to write as much details as i know but if i forgot something please let me know.

I have a satellite dish with 4 quad lnb's going to 4 disecq switches (each switch goes to each lnb so all lnb's/sattelites are available to 4 recievers/recorders)

2 of these 4 diseqc switches go to reciever connected to tv, the other 2 go to my TBS 6991 dual tuner card in windows computer, running windows 8 pro with mediacenter.
There is a cam module in the tbs6991 for tuner1 for encrypted channels.

This setup is
lnb1:Astra 1 19.2
lnb2:Astra2 28.2
lnb3:Astra3 23.3
lnb4:Hotbird 13°

Country is belgium.

This setup works on the reciever on tv and on the pc in Windows Mediacenter; so there is no problem with the cables or lnb or disecq switches.
The only problem i have on mediacenter is that video and sound, specially on HD channels is choppy/stuttering most of the time and i have no idea how to fix that; which brings us to why i am trying out mediaportal.

I have to be able to rely on my pc to record shows while i am working.

The Diseqc switches are Wentronic 67007-GB DiSEqC 2 Switch 4x1
The Lnb's are Inverto Quad Premium LNB Black

Now onto the actual question...
I understand how the tvserver-tvclient bit works, and the mysql database for channel info(i am a developer myself) but i can not seem to get the channel scans in tvserver to get the right channels.
The choices for diseqc are SimpleA, SimpleB, Level1AA, Level1AB, Level1BA and Level1BB; this is where i am confused.
I have tried to set it up like
#1 Level1AA Astra1 19.2
#2 Level1AB Astra 2 28.2
#3 Level1BA Astra3 23.3
#4 Level1BB Hotbird

But the scan gets the wrong channels into the wrong groups; it doesn't retrieve any channels of Astra2 either.

Can someone tell me if i'm doing it right or am i making some mistakes in this setup please?The Level1XX names are confusing.

Maybe i need to use the advanced tuning options but that looks very complicated and goes beyond my knowledge of Sat tv.

Also, if i try a encrypted channel that works in mediacenter, on the tuner that has the cam inserted it won't preview it but just tells me the channel is scrambled.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Delphiwizard

October 19, 2013
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thank you for your reply, i am experimenting with various software and i am trying the patch, in some applications like Tbsviewer i can get the encrypted channels to play.
The biggest problem for now is that i can't get the right channels from the right satellites; if i configure the mp tv server to scan for channels on #2 Level1AB and select Astra2 28.2 it finds channels from another lnb (Astra2 is on port2 of the diseqc switch)
So i must be doing something wrong there, but i have no idea what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom