Some BBC DVB-T Radio Stations Missing (1 Viewer)

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi peeps,

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I can no longer receive radio stations BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Radio 5 Sports Extra, or BBC World Service on DVB-T from the Crystal Palace mast. I rarely use the stations so I don't know how long this has been the case. I just checked the stations using my TV's built-in freeview tuner and all three channels work absolutely fine.

I've re-scanned all my tuners on the TV Server but to no avail. I'm guessing this is a tuning issue or something, so thought I'd attach screen shots of how they're each tuned currently. Maybe someone out there can tell me if the details are correct, or atlernatively point me in the direction where I can find such details for tuning frequencies etc.?

Any help or advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance
    Si

PS: the EPG for these stations is updating correctly, but when pressing play, timeshifting starts on the server but the playback is silent.

Attachments

• BBCR5Live.png
      BBCR5Live.png
      17 KB
    • BBCR5SE.png
      BBCR5SE.png
      17.1 KB
    • BBCWorldService.png
      BBCWorldService.png
      17.1 KB

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Further update on this issue - a friend using MP with DVB-S is also experiencing the same issue with the same radio channels. I've checked logs on both our systems and there's nothing untoward at all. In fact it looks like the aforementioned stations all play perfectly according to the logs. I've attached a comparison for Radio 6 which plays fine, and Radio 5 Live which is totally silent.

Would someone be so kind as to test these stations and see if they work, please?

Thanks again,
    Si

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Doesn't look like anyone else has had the same problem as me, nonetheless thought I'd update the thread as I've just figured out the problem. Codecs. I had the TV audio codec set to use the MPC-MPA filter which had worked perfectly. Except for - as I've now found out - the three radio channels mentioned above. I've now changed to Microsoft DTV-DVD and all is well.

This may or may not help someone in the future. Or perhaps nobody in the UK uses the default MP codec settings and listens to these stations?

Or maybe I'm just talking to myself.....

magooo

Portal Member
    November 9, 2010
    Home Country
    SimondusMaximus, thanks for this. you have solved something I`ve been at for a while, I used FFdShow..

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    FFDShow for the TV audio codec would be a better choice as the Microsoft DTV/DVD decoder will not allow decoding of AC3 in 3rd party applications, you'll get no sound. This of course will only be a problem with you have DVB-S/S2 HD channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom