Some channels have no audio/video (1 Viewer)

Cassius4388

August 8, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have the following configuration: 2x Anysee tuners with smargo Mediaportal and xbmc.
If I open some channels within Mediaportal as an preview he opens a window but there's no audio/video.
It's only with a few channels hd and sd I have the same problem on an other machiene with Digital Devices tuner.
If I use the Anysee viewer it does show the channels so I think it's Mediaportal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

If I open some channels within Mediaportal as an preview he opens a window but there's no audio/video.
    With preview there is no guarantee that audio and video will work. The codecs automatically selected based on DirectShow merit. That may or may not work depending on your system configuration (installed codecs, codec configuration, codec merit).

In short: don't use preview if you want to test video and audio. Use MediaPortal (or XBMC) instead, and be sure to configure which codecs are used.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

mm

Cassius4388

August 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello thanks for the quick reply.

The other channels work fine in the preview sd or hd and in xbmc he comes as far as buffering but also no audio/video he hangs on buffering.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, please post log files if you want further help. I can't tell what the problem is without them.

Cassius4388

August 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok I tried tuning in a channel that doesn't work so it should be at the end of the log. But it doesn't give an error at least not to me maybe there's something in the log...

Thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok I tried tuning in a channel that doesn't work so it should be at the end of the log.
    RTL5 HD I assume?

But it doesn't give an error at least not to me maybe there's something in the log...
    I don't see any error in the TVService log, but the TVService log alone is not enough for me to investigate properly. My suspicion is that the channel is not decrypted due to a configuration issue. I can't confirm that without the TsWriter and TsReader log... which means you need to test with preview... or even better, use MediaPortal with codecs configured. With XBMC I can't get TsReader logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So you mean I have to install Media Portal completly?
    Yes, if possible.
    If you prefer not to do that then at least try to use preview and we'll see if it is enough to show the problem.

BTW, the TsWriter log does not show your test from last night.

Cassius4388

August 8, 2014
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This log is from this morning but I tryed to tune in to RTL5 HD with preview again so it should be in there. I tested at 10:04.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This log is from this morning but I tryed to tune in to RTL5 HD with preview again so it should be in there. I tested at 10:04.
    Thanks. The TsWriter log doesn't show any issues, so please post the TsReader log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom