[confirm] Some keys of MCE remote not working (1 Viewer)

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    no idea why your remote is not working. but just to confirm my official RC6 MCE remote is working fine.
    Does back not send an escape key? (which probably won't get printed.
    Is there nothing that might be interfering with the remote? (other software?)

Hi jameson_uk

I am using SunWave SMR-140 remote the exact model that is listed in Mediaportal and since I installed 1.2.0 beta I've got an issue (doesn't work) with my green button. I have not checked the other ones and soon as I notice additional ones I'll post again.

The OS that I use is Win 7 Ultimate x64.

I can assure that the remote itself works ok since the green button works fine with the built in Win Media Center and I had no issues with my previous install XP/MP 1.1.2

I am just wondering if this may be related to the BUG that was assigned to you (for some reason I cannot track it down??) which was in relation to the Remote buttons mapping to Windows and Actions... something like that.

Could you please let me know what happen to that BUG and your opinion of my problem.

Cheers

jameson_uk

This is the BUG that I'm referring to, and it seems to be closed:
    0003292: [Configuration] When Mapping Remote buttons list of Windows is incorrect (GUIWindow.cs is outdated) (jameson_uk) - closed.

What is "closed" means, when is the fixed version of MP available for testing?

Cheers,

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using SunWave SMR-140 remote the exact model that is listed in Mediaportal and since I installed 1.2.0 beta I've got an issue (doesn't work) with my green button. I have not checked the other ones and soon as I notice additional ones I'll post again.
    Sorry, listed where? This is not an MCE remote.

This is the BUG that I'm referring to, and it seems to be closed:
    0003292: [Configuration] When Mapping Remote buttons list of Windows is incorrect (GUIWindow.cs is outdated) (jameson_uk) - closed

What is "closed" means, when is the fixed version of MP available for testing?
    This was a cleanup of some old windows that were showing up in the mapping screens. There is one small issue outstanding but this should not stop the remote working.

So you are saying that with this remote everything was working fine before you upgraded to 1.2 and now it is not? You have not re-installed the OS or anything ?

When you say the green button no longer works, what are you expecting it to do? Did you create a custom mapping previously

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Sorry for the intrusion in MCE thread and yes, I am aware that this is not an MCE remote.
    I was referring to the MP Config - Remote section, right next to the MCE remote, I think it is named as Sceneo (sorry I don't have the MP in front of me), which is the same as SunWave SMR-140.

I just want you to quickly asses the problem and if necessary I will create a separate thread.

Here is the brief problem recap:
    - I used to have XP / MP 1.1.2 install which worked perfectly with this remote. The Green button in particular was the Home Screen and that is what's being mapped in the new version too.
    - My current config is Win 7 Ultimate x64 / MP 1.2.0 beta and the Green button does not react at all and it is supposed to do the "Home Screen"
    - I am using the default remote key mapping and I noticed that it slightly defers from the v 1.1.2 in terms of functionality which is not a big deal but i wanted to know if this is by design or else
    - so far I tried to map the "home screen" function to a different button but that didn't work
    - The remote (including the green button) works as expected with the built in Win MC and the green button is associated with the "home screen" again
    - I also tried disabling the Win MC services which works ok (the green button no longer calls the Win MC) but since MP doesn't seem to react to it this is where it stops.

Please let me know what do you think?

To me this looks like a potential problem with the "home screen" function that the mapped button tries to call.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    - I used to have XP / MP 1.1.2 install which worked perfectly with this remote. The Green button in particular was the Home Screen and that is what's being mapped in the new version too.
    - My current config is Win 7 Ultimate x64 / MP 1.2.0 beta and the Green button does not react at all and it is supposed to do the "Home Screen"
    So we are talking about the big green button (not the green teletext button) ?
    And you have never had this working in MP under Win 7 (only under XP ?)

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Hi jameson_uk,

Yes, sorry for not being more precise, we are talking about the BIG Green Button.
    Also as you pointed out I wasn't quite sure if it was the new version of MP or the fact that I moved from XP to Win 7.
    I quickly tested MP 1.1.3 and it had the same issue which confirms your second assumption.

Now, I will reiterate my opinion and say that the problem may be in the Action "Switch Home" which is associated to the "Start" key which is basically the BIG Green Button.
    To locate the remote key in question Open MP Configuration > Remote > Sceneo > Mapping > Centrea HID > Start

Not quite sure, but the problems with the MCE remotes may be of similar nature.

Please let me know if I can anyhow help with the troubleshooting.

Cheers,

PS. I did bit more testing and here is some findings:
    - I mapped the Action: "Switch Home" to a spare button on the remote (S1)
    - When S1 is pressed MP gets back to its home screen (this is what's expected) but at the same time the default browser gets started
    - The BIG Green button still doesn't react despite the exact action being mapped
    - Than, I mapped the Action: "Previous Menu" to the BIG Green Button, this action by default is mapped to the "Back" button
    - After custom mapping above the BIG Green Button still doesn't react
    - I will mention again that the remote (including the BIG Green Button) works perfectly with Microsoft Media Center
    - At all time during the tests Microsoft Media Center services are being disabled through the MP Configuration

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    PS. I did bit more testing and here is some findings:
    - I mapped the Action: "Switch Home" to a spare button on the remote (S1)
    - When S1 is pressed MP gets back to its home screen (this is what's expected) but at the same time the default browser gets started
    - The BIG Green button still doesn't react despite the exact action being mapped
    - Than, I mapped the Action: "Previous Menu" to the BIG Green Button, this action by default is mapped to the "Back" button
    - After custom mapping above the BIG Green Button still doesn't react
    - I will mention again that the remote (including the BIG Green Button) works perfectly with Microsoft Media Center
    - At all time during the tests Microsoft Media Center services are being disabled through the MP Configuration

So basically the green button is not being picked up by MP. Are you sure there was no other software / drivers you installed under XP to get this working? The fact it works with 7MC is not relevant to MP as they could have coded lots of things there that we do not know about.

The think about mapping action to another mapping suggests to me that there is some remote software installed on your PC. If software outside of MP is responding to the remote (the browser opening) then there is something else listening for the remote input and this is going to cause potential issues with MP anyway.

Can you tick the extended logging option in the remote config and provide logs

petrov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 22, 2010
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    So basically the green button is not being picked up by MP.
    >>> Yes It does look that way, however you will notice that there is record in the logs when the Green button is pressed. Please refer to the 5 consecutive records stating "Centarea: Command "100091" not mapped" which relates to 5 consecutive presses

Are you sure there was no other software / drivers you installed under XP to get this working?
    >>>> Yes, I am 100% sure. The remote receiver does not require any software or drivers. It gets recognized by both WIn7 and XP as "HID compliant device"

The fact it works with 7MC is not relevant to MP as they could have coded lots of things there that we do not know about.
    >>> Yes I agree in terms of relevance but it is a proof that the remote isn't faulty.

The think about mapping action to another mapping suggests to me that there is some remote software installed on your PC.
    >>> As mentioned above, there is not software installed. This behavior is exactly the same on 2 different PCs both running Win7 Ultimate x64.

If software outside of MP is responding to the remote (the browser opening) then there is something else listening for the remote input and this is going to cause potential issues with MP anyway.
    >>> It appears that way but as mentioned above, there is not software installed.

Can you tick the extended logging option in the remote config and provide logs
    >>> Attached are 2 logs (to compare if necessary);
    The sequence of of remote buttons is:
    1) Live TV button which relates to the log "Centarea: Command "10084" mapped"
    2) 5 times Green button which relates to the logs "Centarea: Command "100091" not mapped"
    3) S1 button (S1 is the name written on the button) which relates to the log "Centarea: Command "172" mapped"
    The log in between the 2) and 3) "Centarea: Command "197782" not mapped" I have no idea where that came from.

I hope this helps.

Looking forward to your reply and thx for your help so far.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Please place the attached in the following two places

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings

Attachments

• Centarea HID.xml
      17.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom