Some MKV files wont play in MP - subtitle issue? (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Ive had this issue for a while but up until now it only affected 1 movie that i have in .mkv format. I recently had it happen 2 other mkv movies that i aquired though so i want to get it sorted.

It basically means that when trying to play any of these particular movies through MP (with moving pictures) the soundtrack starts to play, but no video appears (screen goes black), though i can play it just fine through VLC or WMP.

I think ive narrowed it down to being a subtitle issue, because all my other subtitled h.264 mkv movies have .srt subs whereas the ones that wont play have some other form of subtitle track format that i cant pin down.

I have Haali media splitter installed, but i think that this will only enable .srt or similar types of subtitled files to be opened?

Ive tried opening the mkv files in mkvmerge to see if i can remux them without the subtitle track, but its not showing a subtitle file in the list of available media?? I know for a fact that the video file contains subtitles because i can turn them on/off in VLC, so im at a loss how i can remove them? (or actually get them to work in MP)

I cant get any log files at the moment due to the WAG factor, but any help would be appreciated :)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Ok, after playing around with this all night ive found that its a video renderer issue. If i switch to VRM9 i can play these rogue mkv files just fine.

Not sure if running my video rendering using VRM9 is going to cause problems in other areas? Any ideas?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom