[Radio] Some radio channels not playing (1 Viewer)

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    This is against 8.1.2010 SVN build. Previous builds also had this problem. I am not aware that this would work in any build of those that I used (vanilla beta 1, 24.12.2009, 8.1.2010)

Specifically radio channels with AC3 audio won't play. MPEG codec plays just fine, but not AC3. I only checked a few channels so I can't be 100% sure this is the distinguishing factor. Most of my stations won't play. I guess my provider mostly transmits AC3.

Anyway, logs show constant skipping and no audio is output.
    GraphStudio shows "standard" TV filter placement: TsReader -> ffdshow audio -> Default directsound device
    This is the intended graph.

If I open the timeshift .ts file directly in graph studio (render file), the same graph will be rendered and it will play the file just fine.

Logs + .ts file attached.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    What can help investigation is to record a short sample and upload it to ftp.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    ?
    I attached the .ts file.

Is this not about equal to recording a sample?

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have no problems playing that file inside MP (needs a little hack to force .ts to be radio format). Ffdshow filter is not good (distorted) but e.g. M$ coded is just fine. Upgrade to latest SVN and try with M$ codec.

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I don't know how to make a radio recording. The functionality doesn't seem to be there (R key doesn't work as doesn't F9)

Also I don't have a clue how you "hacked" the file to play as a recording. Did you place it in TV recordings folder? Also what did you do with the file itself?

To be quite honest, I don't think I'm brave enough to install the latest SVN right now. Too many users report major stuttering issues.

Anyway - I'm guessing the file would play on my HTPC as well. Like I said - playing the graph in GraphStudio works. It's just the direct live graph that fails.
    Pause doesn't help, skiping doesn't either.

Is there some way I could forward the stream directly to you?
    I can arrange the router so that it would pass the RTSP port out into the internet (for a couple of days), but I need to check first how the same radio station would play on my main computer (still figuring out hw to connect the client to the server so that it would at least display the channels).
    Even with such a test I'm not sure the issue would be duplicated. I suppose single seat reads the timeshift file directly and playing over RTSP doesn't.

Would you be willing to test this like I proposed if I set things up?

velis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2009
    Radovljica
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    OK, I moved to the latest SVN now and fixed my main computer so that it acts like a client.

The channels in question play fine through RTSP on main computer, but don't play on HTPC itself. I guess single seat installation
    handles live playback different than client-server.

I would like to stress how important I think this is. It's not that I can't play these radio channels. This same problem IMHO sometimes prevents playing TV as well. There are numerous reports by users having problems watching LiveTV (no sound and/or no video).

Quite honestly, I don't think handling single seat different than RTSP is such a good idea. It requires maintaining two separate code paths, but when all is said and done, provides no additional benefit. The server should be able to serve media and the client should be able to play it. So why even bother trying to mplement this using two different methods? Is there any performance benefit from playing a live stream directly from timeshift file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom