some RC2 problems, can you help ?? (1 Viewer)

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi there.

I have installed the RC2 with the latest CVS mediaportal-cvs-01-07-2006--13-02, and i have some problems.

Windows Version: XP Pro 2002 DK SP2
CPU Type: AMD Barton XP-M 2400
Memory: DDR 3200 Kingston 512Mb
Motherboard Chipset: MSI KT880
Video Card: ATI RADEON 9600 Pro
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6553
Video Render Type: VMR9
TV Card: Hauppauge PVR150
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.18.22280
SoundCard: Soundblaster Live!
SoundCard Driver: kX 5.10.0.3537

1. Streaming internet radio stations do not appear any more in the Radio section, even thoug they are there in the setup.

2. I have no tv channels at all , and only "snow" on the screen, even thoug they are there in the setup.

3. I get this error when i start MP, the error say that MP need to close, but MP seems to run anyway:

MediaPortal.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature:
AppName: mediaportal.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 AppStamp:43bfadac
ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:412e8604
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001eb33

error.log:

07-01-2006 17:47:38 TVDatabase exception err:The type initializer for 'SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient' threw an exception. stack: at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient..ctor(String dbName)
at MediaPortal.TV.Database.TVDatabase.Open()
07-01-2006 17:47:39 Exception while loading GUIWindows instances: WindowPlugins.GUIPrograms.GUIPrograms
07-01-2006 17:47:39 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
07-01-2006 17:47:39 at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
07-01-2006 17:47:39 Exception while loading ISetupForm instances: WindowPlugins.GUIPrograms.SetupForm
07-01-2006 17:47:39 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
07-01-2006 17:47:39 at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
07-01-2006 17:47:41 RadioDatabase exception err:The type initializer for 'SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient' threw an exception. stack: at SQLite.NET.SQLiteClient..ctor(String dbName)
at MediaPortal.Radio.Database.RadioDatabase.Open()

pshdo

Portal Pro
February 5, 2005
Holbaek, Denmark
Hi there.....
I see that some MyTV errors is becource that people don´t have the SP2 installed, i have the SP2.....

pshdo said:
Windows Version: XP Pro 2002 DK SP2

But i still have MyTV problems, is it then becource that i use a DK version (Danish) of Windows XP ?? :wink:

I can´t fugure out why i can tune into channels inside MP i the wizard, but it seems that MP don´t save/store the channels for some reason, becource when i then go into MyTV i still have no channels at all..... :cry:

Also i found a little "bug" might be that the wizard try to tune radio-channels on my Hauppauge PVR150 (without radio)..... :wink:

Streaming radio don´t work eigther as i pointed out before......

Should i try to re-install all in my HTPC, you know Format C:, and start over......
I would i i thought it should help, but i´m not shure...... what do you think about this ??

:idea: Can anything be read out from my error-log i posted earlyer ??
(I would be happy to get a little help with this, pleace....)

It seems that there is a data-base issue of some kind..... :?:

When i eg. go into Movie section, MP don´t remember the stop-point of a movie, it starts from start on all movies/series i have on my harddrive.....

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I didn't see anything too harsh in the error.log file. I sometimes get the "Threw an exception" message too.

All I can suggest is the things that I am sure you've already tried.
    Remove MP and reinstall. Leave all the directories for the first time to see if this worked. If still no luck, delete all your tv cards and the tv database and reinstall those. If still no luck then a clean install may be needed.

Also, make sure you have dot net v 2.

As for the memory for where you were last watching a movie, I think this is broken in the last week or so. My upstairs MP machine has it, but it is on an older cvs. My downstairs machine is i=on the latest cvs and has no memory of what I'm up to.

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Hi there m8....
    Thanks for the answer.... :D

Marcusb said:
    If still no luck then a clean install may be needed.

Also, make sure you have dot net v 2.

As for the memory for where you were last watching a movie, I think this is broken in the last week or so. My upstairs MP machine has it, but it is on an older cvs. My downstairs machine is i=on the latest cvs and has no memory of what I'm up to.

Ok, that is what i thought.....
    I have done all the thing you also point out, and i use .net 2.0....
    My machine updates automatic from Microsoft, so all updates are there (or should be there).....

The thing with the movie-player don´t remember the stop-point may then be a "real" problem, not just a problem on my machine.....

I´ll see if get the time next weekend, then i can try to reinstall windows and all the other stuff......
    (But hopefully MP starts to work before that time..... :wink: )

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    - ok this is what i have so far:

1. uninstalled MP
    2. Reboot HTPC
    3. Removed the MP folders from the HTPC
    4. MP RC2 installed
    5. Try to start MP result in MP jumps into configuration.exe
    6. Next -> next -> next until the tv-search page.
    7. searching for channels seems to work, but when it ends and i push "next" configuration crash.....
    configuration.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Error signature:
    AppName: configuration.exe AppVer: 1.0.2177.20397 AppStamp:43a3e64a
    ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 ModStamp:412e8604
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001eb33

8. try to run MP again but this time i just go next-next-next all the way throug configuration.exe and then close configuration.exe.
    9. run MP again and now MP starts, go into setup wizard and try to search for channels.
    at the end of the search MediaPortal.exe crash with this information:
    MediaPortal.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Error Signature:
    AppName: mediaportal.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 AppStamp:43a3e657
    ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 2.0.50727.42 ModStamp:4333e7ec
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00007a7f

- i´ll be back....... :wink:

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Ok then, got MyTV to run now......

What i did since before is this:

1. Tried the CVS from today: mediaportal-cvs-01-09-2006--17-34
    - this CVS clearly don´t work..... errors and no players work at all.

2. Tried the CVS from yesterday: mediaportal-cvs-01-08-2006--09-43
    - started the configuration and it looked as it worked

3. Run the autotune for my capture card, at Antenna and Denmark.
    - but the scanner only run to channel 12 - 224,25mhz ??

4. Entered some channels manually, and exited configuration.

5. Started MP, and now i got the 2 TV channels that i entered myself....

At the moment MP is running in the background and recording some TV, and i have NO error.log...... :D

Now i´ll make a .zip of the MP folders...... :wink:

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Hi again.....

Just thought i would say that it ended up with a "Format C:", when i decided to reinstall the drivers for my ATI Remote Wonder i got some errors, and when i searched the net for a solution to those errors i did not get any answer as to how come some dll files (x10net.dll and some other) didn´t register.......

So i played a little arround trying to find a solution, and fiannaly i decided to do the format c: and start all over......

I then discovered after installing windows xp-sp2 drivers and .net 2.0, that ATI remote wonder drivers aperently don´t want to be installed on a system with .net 2.0, but when .net2.0 is removed i can install the ATI remote wonder drivers just fine.....

Then at last i can install .net 2.0 again, and it all works....... :roll:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    mPod said:
    Disable the remote control and tell us if that changes something.

heheh, all my suggestions and mPod solves it with 11 words.

Glad to hear that all is well ;-)

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Yes, seems like there is an issue with the Hauppauge remote control somehow.....

I actually don´t dare to try it again just now...... :wink:

But i have installed the IR blaster, and that works fine, so now i "just" need to put in all my TV stations from my STB manually..... :roll: :D

I also discovered a little issue with the configuration/setup program:
    If i start the configuration program, the TV search only run up to Channel 12 = 224 mhz, also the initial 9 pages setup wizard only runs to channel 12. But if i use the search in the wizard from inside "setup" in MP it search all the way up to channel 199.....
    None of these results are actually correct for my tv-tuner card, i think it should run up to arround channel 70 or so....... (Pal B, Antenna, Denmark)
    :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom