MP2 - V2.3.2 Some recordings do not respect preRecordInterval, postRecordInterval values (1 Viewer)

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
MP2 Version
Description:
Although all scheduled recordings use the same recording settings (5 minutes before and after a show), two of the seven TV shows I record each week do not follow the rule.

I removed them from the records schedule and add them back as new recordings (every week at the same time) but nothing changed. I double-checked their setting using both TV settings GUI and MP2TVE_3 database but everything seem OK. I provide a copy of schedule and recording tables from MP2TVE_3 database in csv format. Faulty recordings are ...
  • schedule table: rowid 622 and 623
  • recording table: rowid 1323 and 1328.

In provided csv file, you can see that the schedule table seems OK (startTime, endTime, preRecordInterval, postRecordInterval) but the recording table shows that it actually started five minutes after the TV show began (i.e. 20:05 instead of 19:55 for rowid 1323, 19:35 instead of 19:25 for rowid 1328).

My PC is kept up-to-date on a weekly basis.
I have two TV cards.

Steps to Reproduce:
I do not understand why it happens so I can't reproduce the problem on demand :-(

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-11-07-22.08.50.zip
    2.1 MB
  • MP2TVE_3.s3db.txt
    5 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @jfd553
    thanks for reporting the problem. Did you just add an *.txt to the TV DB ending?

@morpheus_xx
    can you see something from the log files, I can only see several issues as below
    [ERROR] - Warn.: SOAPHandler: Error invoking UPnP action 'Load'
    [DEBUG] - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    But I do not think they are related to the problem.
    @joecrow
    In case you have an installation ready, something you could try to reproduce? My IPTV is not ready, because I'm changing the IPTV infrastructure.

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @morpheus_xx, an MP2TVE_3.s3db.txt was uploaded as well as the log files. I'm trying to reproduce the problem (potentially from concurrent recordings?)

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry guys, forget my request. In an attempt to reproduce the problem, I just found that (bad timing) one of my TV tuners just died at about the same time I moved to MediaPortal 2.3.2. I can’t record two TV shows at the same time, explaining the behaviour of my recording (when looking at my schedule). Thank for having tried to debug a problem that did not exist :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom