Some TV Episodes End Before Finish (1 Viewer)

hallsie

Portal Member
June 24, 2011
Home Country
I have encuontered an interesting new issue.

Some episodes of TV shows are ending before they are actually finished, example, the latest episode of Breaking Bad which runs for 47mins and 11 seconds which when played in MP only runs for around 44mins and abruptly ends.

The strange thing is, if I run the same file on the HTPC it stops at the same point, but If i run it on my other PC it runs fine.

Any pointers?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have encuontered an interesting new issue.

Some episodes of TV shows are ending before they are actually finished, example, the latest episode of Breaking Bad which runs for 47mins and 11 seconds which when played in MP only runs for around 44mins and abruptly ends.

The strange thing is, if I run the same file on the HTPC it stops at the same point, but If i run it on my other PC it runs fine.

Any pointers?

Could just be a corruption in the file that the codecs on your other PC are less strict on. You can try to analyse the file with specific tools, or adjust your MePo config to be the same as the PC that works.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    What type of file is it? Is it a DVD rip where the vob files are split into 1Gb chunks by any chance (as per the standard setting in DVDshrink)? For some reason newer versions of TVseries only play the first vob file, im looking at having to re-rip all my tv series into single vob files. Bit of a PITA, but i dont see any other way around it.

If this is the case see my thread here...

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/only-playing-first-vob-file-99916/

hallsie

Portal Member
    June 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi,

Sorry I havent re-visited this issue, my partner had a baby the other day, anyways, back into this issue.

The files are AVI, not VOB, so not an issue there, I have re-installed the K-Lite Codec Pack to the new version and retried it, but same issue.

I should clear something up. The second PC, where it works fine is not running MP, just VLC player. But if i use VLC player to play the file(s) on my HTPC the same issue occurs, so it must be something on the machine specifically.

hallsie

Portal Member
    June 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have ran MP in debug mode, replicated the issue by playing Breaking Bad - S04E07 - Problem Dog.

I then skipped through the episode until it ended prematurely 3mins before the end.

Hope this may help someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    you seem to have alot of errors related to codecs in the mediaportal.log and error.log

I would remove all your codecs, perhaps find a codec removing tool of some sort that might be able to clean it up as well, and start fresh codec wise.

maybe look at SAF codec pack on this forum if you want to use a codec pack and not install manually.

hallsie

Portal Member
    June 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks Mastyman, but unfortunately, that didnt solve the issue, I manually removed all codecs using DXMan and installd SAF following the instructions to no avail, same issue.

hallsie

Portal Member
    June 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Dang, thats not what I wanted to hear :p

I'll wait it out a bit and see if anyone else has any good non formatting ideas haha, thanks alot for your ideas though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom