cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi ncoH,

first of all, let me say your skin is really a pleasure to use : clear, all is where you want it do be, customable and so on. A really good job.
    A sub forum for you skin, a really thing you deserve it !

As you can imagine, as everybody, i have a wish :)

1 -Under menu editor, for each menu we have two choices : single picture or fan art. A 3rd choice would be a "must have" : random picture from folder. This will allow to have random pictures on choices where no fanart categories exists... I previously had this choice under xfactor skin and this gives really good results.

2 - Something i'm not sure to understand where you've done a really cool and usefull feature : being able to give parameter to a menu, for example i can add a menu "you tube" and link it to online, giving as parameter "youtube", really really nice feature ! But if i want to lauch it with no parameter to be on top of online video, how can i do ? I have the same problem with the music menu where the parameter can't be void...

3 - I also have a little problem : using movie fanart on the movie menu (the MP original one, not moving picture) does not display anything, i'm obliged to select a single picture. Not much important with a "random from folder" choice !

Once again thanks for your works :D

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Some will and questions

Hi ncoH,

first of all, let me say your skin is really a pleasure to use : clear, all is where you want it do be, customable and so on. A really good job.
    A sub forum for you skin, a really thing you deserve it !....

+1 :D

1 -Under menu editor, for each menu we have two choices : single picture or fan art. A 3rd choice would be a "must have" : random picture from folder. This will allow to have random pictures on choices where no fanart categories exists....

I would like to see this too.. :)

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Some wish and questions

Sorry i changed the terms "will" with "wish" i guess this is better... my english is not perfect !

Bleazle > are you the one of "bleazle wide skin" ? i used it a long time, this was really a good skin !

Random picture from folder is into xfactor if my memory is still ok ! With a friend we collected many pictures and made many "categories" and that was cool to have differents pictures for every different menu and not only those into fanart !

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Re : Some wish and questions

Bleazle > are you the one of "bleazle wide skin" ?

Yep that's me - glad you liked the skin :) Unfortunately I didn't put any imagination into giving the skin a name because at first I only ever imagined it would be me using it - oops! :D I remember your posts in the BleazleWide forum and I think it's great when people have requests because it helps a skin to evolve :) I had to give up skinning because it was taking up too much time but luckily there are great skins like Avalon etc available :)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    [...] 1 -Under menu editor, for each menu we have two choices : single picture or fan art. A 3rd choice would be a "must have" : random picture from folder. This will allow to have random pictures on choices where no fanart categories exists... I previously had this choice under xfactor skin and this gives really good results.[...]
    +1
    I like to be able to use fan art, but the backdrops to some of the movies and series aren't suitable for my young kids to see (blood, monsters, zombies, etc) and others are just plain ugly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom