Somehow I've broken my dual tuner (ADStech)...and can't fix (1 Viewer)

onetoomany4

Portal Member
December 23, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-19) or Jan or Feb
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Sempron 3000+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: K8V-X (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.)
TV Card 1 Model: ADSTech DVB-T PCI
TV Card 1 Type: DVB
TV Card 1 Driver: 4.0.108.2
TV Card 2 Model: ADSTech DVB-T PCI
TV Card 2 Type: DVB
TV Card 2 Driver: 4.0.108.2
Video Card Model: Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -

I've spent the w/e trying to work out where I went wrong. I reinstalled MP 2.0, applied the latest CVSs, failed, tried again with other CVS, failed and again.... reinstalled the drivers etc...

Where I'm failing is when I have 1 tuner in my system, it tunes fine, but when I plug in the second tuner, neither tune at all. The scanner goes through the motions, but does not find any channels.

I've had it sort-of-working with both tuners in before, but I can't work out where I've gone wrong.

Any advice gratefully received.

Logs at:
Upload directory: f:\users\richard....6-4186-87E7-E73A74F012CB} 'nothingfound.zip'

I suspect it's something simple, and await to be proven to be a muppet...

R

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Somehow I've broken my dual tuner (ADStech)...and can't

onetoomany4 said:
    Fix applied ok (correct and latest versions from MCE) - checked with Radlight.
    And this fix was already applied before you started this post, so it does not solve your problem?

onetoomany4 said:
    Where I'm failing is when I have 1 tuner in my system, it tunes fine, but when I plug in the second tuner, neither tune at all. The scanner goes through the motions, but does not find any channels.
    I am not sure that I understand the problem - are you saying that you can run Autotune with one card installed and it all works fine?

But when you install the second card and assign the already scanned channels to it, that you can no longer watch TV with either card?

Or, are you saying you just cannot run Autotune with the second card (which you don't need to do, as you already have the channels tuned and they just need to be assigned)?

onetoomany4

Portal Member
    December 23, 2005
    Taipan - yup, the fix was applied successfully previously.

Callifo - with only one card in the machine, the system works fine. When I plug in the second card, ensure that all the drivers are loaded etc... then neither card works and neither card tunes.

I've tried tuning with one card, then plugging in the second, but the TV then does not show any picture.

I've had it working previously, with the two cards but not particularly well. I then reinstalled MP to try to resolve some issues, and now I've got the issues.

R

onetoomany4

Portal Member
    December 23, 2005
    I've been in contact with ADS Tech support previously and, no, the drivers don't support dual cards setups. However, I read that as they don't guarantee them working with two cards, but that does not mean that they won't.

Before I recieve the "no wonder it doesn't work" reply, please bear in mind, that I've had it working previously with two cards in the system - it wasn't perfect, but I could tune both cards, and watch at least one of them. I now cannot tune either or watch either.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom