Sometimes scheduled recordings show up in the guide, sometimes not. (1 Viewer)

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have noted something a bit irritating since I had to move back to MP 1.2.3.

If I schedule a recording, it immediately shows up in the EPG with a red background.

However, some of these recordings stop showing up and I cannot work out what it is that makes some of them disappear and not others - I have tried to look for patterns such as all on a certain channel or whether it is only for series recordsing rather than one-off recordings, but it does seem random.

It is not a major problem (but is irritating) because the recordings always take place but if I try to record something that was scheduled but lost its red background, it just adds another timer in the schedule.

Is there any solution to this?

I have noticied that sometimes, the red backgrounds suddenly comes back after a few days (sometimes). The only semi-soluction I have found so far is to cancel the schedule and make it again, which sort of defies the point of series record.

Thanks

Alex

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Alex

Could it be the start/end time of the program changing by a few minutes?

1. What skin do you use.
    2. How to you get EPG data?
    mm

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi mm,

I am currently using the wide version of the default skin.

EPG-wise, I am using DJBlu's Sky EPG grabber, plus DVB-T grabbing using my freeview cards to add channel information for a couple of channels that won't populate with the Sky grabber - e.g. channel 301.

Thanks

Alex

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    I had to do a complete reinstall of MP the other day and decided to use the Sky Grabber only. Things are not 100% but most of the scheduled recordings are being highlighted in the EPG now.

Is using two EPG sources for the same channel somehow messing things up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom