MP2 - V2.3 Sometimes thrown back from info screen (1 Viewer)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
MP2 Version
Before you create this bug report:
  1. Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System Specs.
  2. Have a look at our MediaPortal Wiki! Maybe the solution is already there.
  3. Have a look at our Jira (Bug and Issue Tracker)and the threads in this section, maybe your problem is already known.
  4. Search the forums for your problem, it's very likely that someone else already encountered the same problem.

Please always include log files with your Bug Report!
Check out our Wiki: Bug Reports and Log Files

==================================================================

Describe the Problem you encounter as detailed as possible! "It does not work" won't help the team to understand the problem.
Description:
Sometimes, mostly the first time during usage of MP-client, the info screen can not be loaded and I'm thrown back to the previous media screen.
The behavior seems not systematic, but I can re-produce it very often, it is regardless of the media item type (audio, video).
Addtionally you need to add MP2.3.2 to the bug report for selection, there is only MP2.3.1

Describe as detailed as possible the steps that are required to encounter the issue. This info is critical for the team to understand the problem.
Steps to Reproduce:
See above, just open several times the context menu on a media item and select "media information".

The log files in debug mode do not show anything, so I don't attach them here.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I know the issue and can confirm it. It happens sometimes and as far I remember is related to the workflow manager.
    As the occurence is sporadic and it never happens 2 times in a row, it would be a bit tricky to fix I guess.
    @Brownard, maybe you have another idea, how to fix it. @morpheus_xx improved it at least after he implemented, but I think he had no further idea to completely fix it.
    In general it's not critical, just try it another time, if the info screens fails to load once. The second try always works.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think I've fixed this for good (famous last words ;)) and pushed the changes to WIP_2.4.

@morpheus_xx there were a couple of things combined that were causing the issue. The media item action model was popping the top-most state from the stack in the dialog close handler, regardless of what state it was, and the ScreenManager was sometimes calling the dialog close handler twice (once when the dialog was closed by the model, and then again when showing the new screen and the previous dialog hadn't finished closing so was still on the dialog stack). The model would then pop the media info screen on the second firing of the close handler. I fixed the ScreenManager to not call close handlers more than once to avoid the issue entirely, this also meant I could remove the delay and simplify the deferred action handling.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I've fixed this for good (famous last words ;)) and pushed the changes to WIP_2.4.
    Great (y) I could not reproduce the issue anymore, but I'll keep an eye on everything and look for any potential side effects.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That was fast! Is there any chance or need to test changes? Otherwise the question when the next release will be roughly planned? I guess when it’s done, right? ;-)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That was fast! Is there any chance or need to test changes? Otherwise the question when the next release will be roughly planned? I guess when it’s done, right? ;-)
    I think there is no need to test for now. The issues seems solved, but many other things were also changed, so we will test all changes as a package.
    Regarding release date, your guess is right ;) There are larger changes in progress, so it will definitely take some time.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That’s fine, I’ll wait for next release.
    Thanks for the fast response and fix. Keep up your work on MP2 guys! Its a great product and far better than MP1 meanwhile!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @high
    Could you update the bug report settings? I think we can remove 2.2.2, 2.2.3 and add 2.3.2 and 2.4
    1622979109359.png

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom