Sony Playstation 3 BD remote interface (1 Viewer)

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For all that own a playstation3 or like to use and excellent remote that has a better connectivity that RF or IR, cheetah05, who already wrote an exelent plugin for mp now has updated his Windows Vista/XP version!

PS3 Remote Application - v1.0 BETA

It Acts like a normal keyboard / HID-input runs in the system tray and also features sms like text input trough the numeric keys :eek: , so you can use it on all your favorite applications that use keyboard shortcuts.

I'd say: check it out and let us know what you think.

wn000383.jpg
1. To pair you need to go through the standard Microsoft device, so that you see it in the Devices section.
2. Select the device and click properties

3. Make the controller discoverable again by pressing [Start & Enter Keys] on the remote (together).
4. Click the services tab.
5. Wait till it has found the services and then make sure you check the HID service and click ok as seen below:

It will now be registered as a HID device and will appear under "Game Controllers".

Connect the remote with the computer by pressing the "Playstation" button in the middle of the remote. (Assuming you have already paired the remote as specified above.)

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
im a bit surprised that not 1 here appreciates this great app for an great remote..

magao

Portal Member
December 22, 2008
Home Country
The PS3 BT remote is an excellent remote for a HTPC, with a couple of caveats. I was using mine via EventGhost (I modified the plugin to allow putting the remote in SNIFF mode when using the WIDCOMM drivers - now part of the EG install) to control my laptop when my PS3 was off being replaced.

1. Can't be emulated by a Harmony - you must use the PS3 remote.

2. Neither of the bluetooth adaptors I've tried (Logitech MX900 base station and a generic that originally used the BlueSoleil drivers) allow the PS3 remote to wake a PC from standby.

3. If the remote isn't put into SNIFF mode, battery life is atrocious. If it is in SNIFF mode, it can take a few seconds for the PC to respond to the first keypress.

BTW, I no longer own a PS3 or PS3 remote (sold it to partially fund my HTPC).

malagem

Portal Member
September 26, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
After desperately (and unsuccessfully) trying to get my universal sony RM-AV2100 remote to work with my intel-based mac mini running XP and MP, I came accross this topic and succeeded controlling MP with the PS3 remote. Really works like a charm !

JCsHands

Portal Member
May 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using this tool and I think its awesome, but I am not sure how to enable Sniff mode. How do I enable Sniff mode on my remote?

magao

Portal Member
December 22, 2008
Home Country
I don't think the PS3 Remote Application supports SNIFF mode (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The EventGhost PS3 plugin automatically supports SNIFF mode if you are using the Widcomm drivers - you don't need to do anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom