Soon ill give up!! (2 Viewers)

tkortell

Portal Pro
April 13, 2005
Vaasa / Sulva
Home Country
Finland Finland
sajberman said:
hmm maybe the graphic adapter could be a problem, i currently use a Geforce2 card which is not directX9 compatible. There is a ASUS FX 5200 on the way so this might do the trick. but why is everything working perfect with the hauppauge wintv2000 and not in MP? And the recording problems couldnt be the geforce2 problem or what do you think? As for the drivers im using the latest drivers, ive tried both the MCE and non MCE versions without any luck.

I would sugest you test another GFX card if you have one avalable (borov from a frend or something). I allso had some problems with this and as it turned out to be the GFX card that was the problem for me and the symtoms sounds similar (stuttering in MP but not in WinTV 2K).

R/tk

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmm maybe the graphic adapter could be a problem
    Yes thats likely the case. a DX9 VGA card is really needed. I use a FX5200 here and that works great.

but why is everything working perfect with the hauppauge wintv2000
    MediaPortal is a DirectX application, wintv2000 is not.
    Thats why one of the system requirements for MP is a DX9 compatible card. BTW Windows Media Center also requires this so i dont think windows media center will run/work on your system does it ?
    If you want to build a mediacenter, then you'll need to look at your system and make sure it is following the requirements specified by the mediacenter software.

Luckily a FX 5200 card is very cheap these days:)

Frodo

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    sajbermann: I have a different hauppauge card, and experience stuttering when timeshifting is off. Do you have timeshift on? Because than TV runs fine for me!

tomtom

Filip Van de Peer

Portal Member
    September 13, 2005
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Sajberman,
    I use MP for half a year now and have been struggling with failing recordings. I finally found the solution in the forum by guys having the same problem with a TV-channel assigned to channel 4 in MP. As far as we know, it was not a problem that was really reported and acknowledged by the MP wizards.

Anyway, I know this is not your problem, but I just want to tell you that since then I can record whatever I want without ANY problem, use the same PC for surfing the net meanwhile on a different screen by a second videocard, I even record two channels the same time while my kids are watching a DVD on the beamer in the sleeping room, etc. Nothing ever fails anymore. MP works perfect; I've got a Hauppage 500 MCE, and it rules!

I really adore the MP team.!!
    I wish you a lot of succes, but I also think is is really due to your VGA card!
    Filip

sajberman

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Lindome
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for great support you all !! I will test my new FX5200 card this weekend and continue testing the PVR card with other channels and timeshifting. And Frodo, i understand its still a beta project and i think its still really exciting, but sometimes, as all beta projects you get a little frustrated :). All i can say is keep up the good work you are all doing and im looking forward to a more stable 0.2.0 version. Ill be back with more info when ive done some more testing.

sajberman

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Lindome
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well i have done some more testing with my new FX5200 card and it seems to be a lot better, but not as good as i excpected. I still get some distorsions when i play live TV and recordings. I have tried with a lot of codecs too but still no better performance. Im sorry to say that my choices today seems to be the MCE2005 as it now supports swedish tv guide and is a bit more stable, (not perfect though) or a Video with harddisc recorder and a xbox media center compilation. Ill be happy to come back and test the 0.2.0.0 as i really like the free open source concept...thank you for your help.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Did you try the DxVA patch that Frodo mentioned?
    Some Codecs don't use hardware accelleration by default.
    If you are using the Intervideo codec, then open WinDVD and in the config make sure it is using hardware acc. These settings will then follow on to MP. I know this works for the cyberlink codec and I am pretty sure WinDVD is the same.

It would be a shame if you left the forums, every time I see your avatar it makes me laugh...

rolfkunst

Portal Member
    October 25, 2005
    Netherlands
    sajberman said:
    hmm maybe the graphic adapter could be a problem, i currently use a Geforce2 card which is not directX9 compatible. There is a ASUS FX 5200 on the way so this might do the trick. but why is everything working perfect with the hauppauge wintv2000 and not in MP? And the recording problems couldnt be the geforce2 problem or what do you think? As for the drivers im using the latest drivers, ive tried both the MCE and non MCE versions without any luck.

Hi sajberman,

I used until recently also a Geforce 2 TI, without any problems, he was a bit slow, but that was only the card itself, I can not imagine that a Geforce 2 card can produce such errors with recording en displaying video.

sajberman

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Lindome
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well of course im not giving up that easy :) but for now i will actually run both MP and mce2005 on my system. The rest of the family seems to be more interested in my hobby project and wonder when it will be finished :) so i think i must show some results now...i will still do some testing of MP as i think it has better music presentation and plugin functions, and the community is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom