Sopcast streaming in MP, possible? (1 Viewer)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
I know whats happened here, I never committed the Livetv.ru changes to SVN, I'll do it now and update the site.

EDIT: Done;)
Thanks brownard. LiveTV.ru shows up under English sites now.

mp3lll

Portal Member
December 24, 2010
corporate_gadfly
now you are see livetv.ru on your list? how you update the list?
Brownard
Thanks you, you are sure? from the sopcast the live work fine, via onlinemedia this is not working.
Thanks.
MP

mp3lll

Portal Member
December 24, 2010
now i see livtv.ru on list, but red screen with fatal error, via site all ok... :-(

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    now i see livtv.ru on list, but red screen with fatal error, via site all ok... :-(

I saw this too on some streams but others are working. The ones where I saw the fatal error do also stutter heavily in SopCast player.

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Finally got it installed. Took me a while to realise how easy it was ( spent so much time working on origional files offered on page 3 until i realised i could add throgh global import.

However, every channel i look at says no URL. and the single one i did find was critical error. could this just be a bad time to view these channels at 1 am GMT or is there an underlying issue.

Regards mccay_a

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Possibly just a bad time or maybe firewall - see if the streams play ok in Sopcast Player but bear in mind that the player seems to be more resistant to bad quality streams than the Sopcast filter.

mp3lll

Portal Member
    December 24, 2010

I saw this too on some streams but others are working. The ones where I saw the fatal error do also stutter heavily in SopCast player.

now i test the wiziwig and livetv.ru for all i get "Fatal Error", from sopcast with Bloodzeed HQ work fine , via media portal that not working.

anyone Bloodzeed HQ from now via media portal?

Thanks

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    All i get is URL not found or the one or two that do show urls's say critical error.

My portal is up to date with laterst version and online videos.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Try playing the streams in Windows Media Player and see if you get the same problem so we can rule out MP,

mccay_a

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Ok so i did some testing and maybe an understanding is better.

I stil have an issue in which all sports on both wizwig and livetv.ru show no content with error "No URL" for pretty much everything

So i went into livetv.ru and wizwig to test image media player, but all i could find was flash content. I also read in an earlier post however that wizwig only shows sopcast content and a live match had links just under the football category under wizwig ( where it lists all the matches ). Are these links suppose to be sopcast links or are they just recognising the content from rss , and any supported sopcast links would then be showing when you click on them as video icons ( like online videos does with other sites.

In that case i can then assume that flash content is a nightmare to provide. if youtube option on online video is able to offer option to view flash content, what is stopping your plugin from doing the same. if the content links for both flash and sopcast are in the rss feed wodul it not be betted to just work on a method to reporiduce the intereactino that allows flash on youtube within online videos. ( then sopcast would not even be required.

I know there is likely a technical reason and i appreciate all teh hardwork you have been doing, i just want to understand why sopcast and not flash content, or i can look into further if you are not actually sure why it cant be done

mccay_a

Users who are viewing this thread