Sopcast streaming in MP, possible? | Page 7

Discussion in 'OnlineVideos' started by TheDane, January 2, 2011.

1. corporate_gadfly

corporate_gadfly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Thanks brownard. LiveTV.ru shows up under English sites now.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mp3lll

mp3lll Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    corporate_gadfly
    now you are see livetv.ru on your list? how you update the list?
    Brownard
    Thanks you, you are sure? from the sopcast the live work fine, via onlinemedia this is not working.
    Thanks.
    MP

4. mp3lll

mp3lll Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    now i see livtv.ru on list, but red screen with fatal error, via site all ok... :-(

5. Holzi
    • Team MediaPortal

Holzi Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,228 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I saw this too on some streams but others are working. The ones where I saw the fatal error do also stutter heavily in SopCast player.

6. mccay_a

mccay_a Portal Pro

Network Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    Finally got it installed. Took me a while to realise how easy it was ( spent so much time working on origional files offered on page 3 until i realised i could add throgh global import.

However, every channel i look at says no URL. and the single one i did find was critical error. could this just be a bad time to view these channels at 1 am GMT or is there an underlying issue.

Regards mccay_a

7. Brownard
    • Team MediaPortal

Brownard Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,319 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Possibly just a bad time or maybe firewall - see if the streams play ok in Sopcast Player but bear in mind that the player seems to be more resistant to bad quality streams than the Sopcast filter.

8. mp3lll

mp3lll Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    now i test the wiziwig and livetv.ru for all i get "Fatal Error", from sopcast with Bloodzeed HQ work fine , via media portal that not working.

anyone Bloodzeed HQ from now via media portal?

Thanks

9. mccay_a

mccay_a Portal Pro

Network Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    All i get is URL not found or the one or two that do show urls's say critical error.

My portal is up to date with laterst version and online videos.

10. Brownard
    • Team MediaPortal

Brownard Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,319 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Try playing the streams in Windows Media Player and see if you get the same problem so we can rule out MP,

11. mccay_a

mccay_a Portal Pro

Network Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    Ok so i did some testing and maybe an understanding is better.

I stil have an issue in which all sports on both wizwig and livetv.ru show no content with error "No URL" for pretty much everything

So i went into livetv.ru and wizwig to test image media player, but all i could find was flash content. I also read in an earlier post however that wizwig only shows sopcast content and a live match had links just under the football category under wizwig ( where it lists all the matches ). Are these links suppose to be sopcast links or are they just recognising the content from rss , and any supported sopcast links would then be showing when you click on them as video icons ( like online videos does with other sites.

In that case i can then assume that flash content is a nightmare to provide. if youtube option on online video is able to offer option to view flash content, what is stopping your plugin from doing the same. if the content links for both flash and sopcast are in the rss feed wodul it not be betted to just work on a method to reporiduce the intereactino that allows flash on youtube within online videos. ( then sopcast would not even be required.

I know there is likely a technical reason and i appreciate all teh hardwork you have been doing, i just want to understand why sopcast and not flash content, or i can look into further if you are not actually sure why it cant be done

mccay_a

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!