Sopcast streaming in MP, possible? (1 Viewer)

engma27

Portal Member
September 4, 2009
Hey

Just found this thread, I had already implemented myP2p into Online Videos. In OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.rar is a SiteUtil that will parse both teams and only show sop links, I have only implemented Football but the source is attached if anyone wants to extend it. Place the dll in Plugins/Windows/OnlineVideos/

You'll need SopFilter installed obviously :)

Also attached is a simple patch for OnlineVideos so sop:// links are recognised by WMP and buffered nicely.

Edit: Updated patch to only include sopcast changes

Hi Sir.

I downloaded you files above and have only put the dll file in the Plugins/Windows/OnlineVideos/ but nothing shows up in online videos or its config..

what else i need to do?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey

Just found this thread, I had already implemented myP2p into Online Videos. In OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.rar is a SiteUtil that will parse both teams and only show sop links, I have only implemented Football but the source is attached if anyone wants to extend it. Place the dll in Plugins/Windows/OnlineVideos/

Also attached is a simple patch for OnlineVideos so sop:// links are recognised by WMP and buffered nicely.

Hi Sir.

I downloaded you files above and have only put the dll file in the Plugins/Windows/OnlineVideos/ but nothing shows up in online videos or its config..

what else i need to do?

Sorry should have been clearer :D

The dll should create a Site Util called "MyPtoP", so in Online Videos config create a new site and from the "Site Util" dropdown select "MyPtoP" and you should be done.

If the util hasn't shown up let me know (kinda posted it in a bit of a rush and may have done something stupid :D)

EDIT:
    I have now added the site to the Global list so you can get it preconfigured with thumbs directly through the OV config (never realised it was that easy)

engma27

Portal Member
    September 4, 2009
    Thanks sir.

just added it to online videos and works a treat...

did you say there was a buffering overlay included with yours?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    did you say there was a buffering overlay included with yours?

Sort of, Online Videos will recognise that it should buffer the stream and show the wait cursor until enough is done - so it doesn't report how MUCH is buffered - but does minimise the amount of time staring at a black screen

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey

Just found this thread, I had already implemented myP2p into Online Videos. In OnlineVideos.Sites.brownard.rar is a SiteUtil that will parse both teams and only show sop links, I have only implemented Football but the source is attached if anyone wants to extend it (All categories now implemented!). Place the dll in Plugins/Windows/OnlineVideos/

Edit: Tidied up the source and included latest changes in attached

Great job - Everything is working, and parsing of text is done perfectly - nice to see that all categories are implemented.

Icons are working, but resolution is awful:-S - Maybe possible to integrate other graphics/icons?)

I do not get any buffering bar - Only gets black screen - Do I need to place the .diff file somewhere?

What about adding this site to default Onlinevideos Global catalog - I'm am pretty sure, that there is a lot of users looking for a Sports streaming site like this?

Do you have any idea if Veelte parsing or similar from myp2p.eu will be possible in any way?(see my earlier post) - and if so, do you have the time and interest in developing integration to your site.util?

/Morten

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Icons are working, but resolution is awful:-S - Maybe possible to integrate other graphics/icons?)
    Lol, I know - they're the largest on the site - however see below...

I do not get any buffering bar - Only gets black screen - Do I need to place the .diff file somewhere?
    The diff is a patch for the source code of Online Videos - you would have to compile OV yourself to implement it. However I believe Offbyone has now properly implemented sop support so it will probably be available in the next version.

What about adding this site to default Onlinevideos Global catalog - I'm am pretty sure, that there is a lot of users looking for a Sports streaming site like this?
    Done! I have made some changes since my first post so it's probably best to delete the site you have created and download the version in the Global Catalog - and update the sites when the plugin asks you in MediaPortal. The categories are now implemented as RSS links so you can specify your own Thumbs and remove any categories you don't want.

I think veetle support would be difficult and dirty :confused:

hagur

Portal Member
    September 4, 2004
    Hi,

Just came across this thread ... I configured this in the online videos plugin and I can view the categories in MP but when I select a category, like footbal,l I get an error: "Error getting dynamic categories".

Any ideas? Has the MyP2P site changed so the parser needs an update perhaps?

Regards,
    Haukur

hagur

Portal Member
    September 4, 2004
    Nevermind my previous post ... saw that there's a new version of OnlineVideos available. Installed it and it seems to work now.

mp3lll

Portal Member
    December 24, 2010
    Hi Brownard.
    My pc with 7 32bit i dont have this Plugins/Windows/OnlineVideos.

i did not understand how can i add MyP2P to Online Video.

Can you give more clear explanation?

Mp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom