Sort EPG TV Guide into channel order (1 Viewer)

Roy Shopland

Portal Member
July 30, 2015
Home Country
England England
I have just reinstalled Media Portal 1.2 and under TV all channels the channels appear in number order. However in the TV Guide they have a different channel numbers and order. How do I change the TV guide into channel order. Many thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Roy

Regarding channel ordering...
    The order of channels in the guide is determined by the order of channels in the channel group that you're viewing. In other words:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the TV Channels section.
    3. Select the tab corresponding with the channel group that you're looking at in the guide (i.e. not the first "Channels (###)" tab - that is just for renaming, deleting etc.). It should look like -->this<--.
    If you set the order there (using the "order by..." buttons, drag/drop, or clicking on the list column headers) then that order will be reflected in the guide after you reopen MediaPortal.

Regarding channel numbers...
    I answered a similar question just the other day. Rather than rehashing what I wrote, I'll simply refer you to the answer I previously gave:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/direct-channel-tuning.133005/#post-1165423

Feel free to ask if any of the above is not clear. :)

Roy Shopland

Portal Member
    July 30, 2015
    Home Country
    England England
    Many thanks for your suggestion, In TV channels they are sorted by number. However BBC 1 HD correctly appears as channel 101 (in numerical order) but in the TV guide it shows up as 36 in the list. when using the remote I have to press 36 rather than 101 to access the channel. I am probably missing something obvious here but if you have any further suggestions that would be most helpful. Many thanks for your input.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    However BBC 1 HD correctly appears as channel 101 (in numerical order) but in the TV guide it shows up as 36 in the list. when using the remote I have to press 36 rather than 101 to access the channel. I am probably missing something obvious here but if you have any further suggestions that would be most helpful.
    Please refer to my previous answer, "regarding channel numbers...". You have to untick the "select channel by index..." option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom