Sort movies by folder (different languages) (1 Viewer)

cubii

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Hi
i have my movies in 2 folders, one englisch for english movies and one german, for german movies. How can i use moving pictures in way that these both folders are scanned differently? so that the english folder gets english description and the other way round ? Because i want to know before playing the movie in which language it will be...

can this be done by "genres?"

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi
    i have my movies in 2 folders, one englisch for english movies and one german, for german movies. How can i use moving pictures in way that these both folders are scanned differently? so that the english folder gets english description and the other way round ? Because i want to know before playing the movie in which language it will be...

can this be done by "genres?"

You would have to modify the IMDb scraper yourself to take the ${search.foldername} value into account and skip it if a movie in German folder is found, so that your German scraper can process it.

You have access inside the <action name="search"> section on the following values:

• ${search.title}
    • ${search.keywords}
    • ${search.year}
    • ${search.imdb_id}
    • ${search.disc_id}
    • ${search.moviehash}
    • ${search.basepath}
    • ${search.foldername}
    • ${search.filename}

This is extremly personal to your own setup, so you will be on your own to make this work. Or submit it as an enhancement request on the Google Code site, and then be patient till the developers pick it up to include it in a next release.

PS: You can however make easy category filtering based on the folder structure you have, but that does not change which scraper is used. Check the FAQ on how to setup a folderbased category filter, as I use the same on my system to filter out Asian movies, which are all inside a folder "Asian\", and I used that to make the FAQ example with, so simply duplicate and use "German\".

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom