Sort Order Wrong For Recorded Radio (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am using MP 1.9.0 pre, aMPed and DefaultWide skins, on 32-bit Vista.

In the UK we are blessed with DVB-T MUXes that include radio channels as well as TV channels, and I record 3-5 radio programmes every week (for consumption at a more-convenient time). When I view the "Recorded Radio" panel in MP, and sort the recordings by title increasing, the recordings are not ordered correctly. Screen shot 1 shows the panel in the "DefaultWide" skin, where you will see that all recordings are in alphabetic order except for "More or Less", which is at the top of the list. This recording always appears at the top of the list, whatever the sort order.

Now you will also notice that "More or Less" is in fact a folder, and I surmise that this is the cause of the incorrect order. For comparison, look at screen shot 2, which shows the "Recorded TV" panel. Recorded TV also includes several entries that are folders, but these folders are positioned correctly in the list, in alphabetic order.

I think that the way that "Recorded TV" orders the items is correct, and that "Recorded Radio" is incorrect. It does not seem to me that there is any reason for recorded radio being different from recorded TV.

One further point that may have a bearing on this problem: when I recently migrated from Windows Media Center, I defined the file names for series recordings to produce a flat folder structure (i.e. no sub-folders). I had expected to see multiple entries in the list for episodes of the same series, but was pleased to see that MP creates "virtual folders" (like WMC), and displays multiple entries of the same series as a single entry in the list (as though those episodes were stored in a sub-folder). The entry for "More or Less" in the list is a virtual folder, and not a real folder.

Finally, new episodes of "Costing the Earth" and "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future" are scheduled to record later today, so if the sorting problem is with folders or virtual folders, when I look at the "Recorded Radio" panel tomorrow, I would expect those programmes now to be sorted incorrectly (forced to the top of the list). I will post a screen shot tomorrow.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• sort_order_radio_recordings.jpg
      sort_order_radio_recordings.jpg
      117.4 KB
    • sort_order_tv_recordings.jpg
      sort_order_tv_recordings.jpg
      88.2 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    New episodes of "Costing the Earth" and "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Future" are scheduled to record later today, so if the sorting problem is with folders or virtual folders, when I look at the "Recorded Radio" panel tomorrow, I would expect those programmes now to be sorted incorrectly (forced to the top of the list).
    I don't need to wait until tomorrow -- I can look now, and it looks like the attached screen shot. As I surmised, the three items that are now folders or virtual folders are forced to the start of the list.

It looks as though MP is performing a major sort on directory-attribute decreasing, followed by a minor sort on whatever property is selected by the user (title increasing in the screen shot).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• sort_order_radio_recordings_2.jpg
      sort_order_radio_recordings_2.jpg
      114.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom